Polaris General Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with with you. The RF Power marine 1000 watt 5 channel amp is the only way to have the system work correctly. Not only do you need to purchase the amp, you will need additional wiring harness (plural) to hook up system correctly from ride command output.

Do you have any pics from your install to help the rest of us out? I am saving up for the new amp and will install myself. Any advice or pics would be very helpfil.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I haven't sprung for it yet. Just added a street legal kit and Inferno heater and bought 32" BFG's on Fuel rims. Gillomen ECU tune and clutch kit will be next. Then have to see where the stereo fits in the list of full doors, tracks, heated seats, etc. Install will be simple though. Once you take the top dash cover off, the amp is right there, easily accessible to remove and replace.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I haven't sprung for it yet. Just added a street legal kit and Inferno heater and bought 32" BFG's on Fuel rims. Gillomen ECU tune and clutch kit will be next. Then have to see where the stereo fits in the list of full doors, tracks, heated seats, etc. Install will be simple though. Once you take the top dash cover off, the amp is right there, easily accessible to remove and replace.
Will the RF 5 channel amp even work with the Ride Command? From my understanding, the factory Polaris amp has some kind of module in it that allows it to work with the Ride Command screen. I don't think its a quick swap scenario, but I wish it was. Or is there special harnesses that you can buy that will make it all plug and play with the RF 5 channel? If so, does anyone have the part numbers for those harnesses?

Great research by zoopster so far btw! It is good that we have people making noise about this. I have been exchanging emails with Polaris and Rockford but have had little success. Polaris just said they were going to pass it onto there audio team and then they would contact me, but they haven't. Rockford exchanged a few emails back and forth but then I randomly got one that said "I have been told that I can't help you with this." So obviously they are getting some back lash from all of this, but also seems like they are just ignoring it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m having the same Ride Command Fader and speaker issues. I just bought my 2020 General XP 1000 w/Ride Command and Rockford Fosgate Stage 4 this past Saturday 8/29/2020. I noticed the rear speakers not working before I purchased. They said they fixed it and all the technician did was adjust the fade control so you could hear sound. When I brought it home, I noticed when I go to Rear Fade only faint music comes out of the Subwoofer. When you Fade to front all 4 speakers have sound. I’m not going to settle with the incorrect Polaris made amp that doesn’t talk to Ride Command! We all paid for the Rockford Fostgate Stage 4 amp and Polaris needs to fix this issue before we start a class action lawsuit!

Im currently (Today) working with Polaris to get an answer from the Engineers that are assigned to the Ride Command team. I’ve been assigned a case number.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought my 2020 general about a week ago, same issue. Downloaded and installed the July ride command software and drastically changed the subwoofer performance. The fade issue still exist, I think what they are doing is running the sub off the rear chanels of the amp.

Also downloaded the map update while I was there.

It's worth doing, worked good for me.
Polaris Ride Command

Still not a $2000 system, but a huge improvement.

Hope this helps some of you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I dont think it was just a few sxs' with this problem. Its all that have stage 4. I looked at the wiring in and out of the amp. Its 4 channels in from source unit(7" 7 button display) only 3 out from the amp. At the amp the 4 speakers are wired left and right on the rear 2 channels. The sub is bridged on the front 2 channels. The best solution would be for Polaris to fix the issue with a 5 channel amp and appropriate harnesses for plug and play. The other scenarios are:
1- Cut sub outputs from original RF(Rockford Fosgate) amp add an amp and wire it up to the sub via spliced speaker inputs. Then find the pins(literally find and buy them) to insert and add proper speaker outs to connector at amp for front speakers which also would need to find and disconnect factory wiring to split up all 4 speakers to put each on there own respective channel(the right way)
2 - same as above minus the additional amp(lose the sub) just split up all four speakers and add pins to the plug then wire all 4 individually. The upside, sell the sub, buy a cab heater.
3 - lose 2 speakers.(probably the rear) Having the two rear is jamming tunes right in one ear since the speaker is so close the riders head.

I'm planning on option one. MB quart makes a 5ch amp thats inexpensive and not over powering. However, there is still the polaris factory connector pin problem. I'm thinking I'll continue to use the RF amp to run a good clean strong signal to the 5ch MBQ amp.

Hope this sheds some light on the problem of at least a home fix rather than waiting on Polaris. Also, from what I've read on everyone's correspondence between the two companies, I'm leaning towards Polaris being at fault. Rockford has been around for quite some time. Since my first stereo systems in the 90's. They would not cheap out like this. Polaris probably cut the corners with demanding the wrong/improper components for the current setup against Rockfords advice just to save money. That's just my thoughts, no evidence.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I dont think it was just a few sxs' with this problem. Its all that have stage 4. I looked at the wiring in and out of the amp. Its 4 channels in from source unit(7" 7 button display) only 3 out from the amp. At the amp the 4 speakers are wired left and right on the rear 2 channels. The sub is bridged on the front 2 channels. The best solution would be for Polaris to fix the issue with a 5 channel amp and appropriate harnesses for plug and play. The other scenarios are:
1- Cut sub outputs from original RF(Rockford Fosgate) amp add an amp and wire it up to the sub via spliced speaker inputs. Then find the pins(literally find and buy them) to insert and add proper speaker outs to connector at amp for front speakers which also would need to find and disconnect factory wiring to split up all 4 speakers to put each on there own respective channel(the right way)
2 - same as above minus the additional amp(lose the sub) just split up all four speakers and add pins to the plug then wire all 4 individually. The upside, sell the sub, buy a cab heater.
3 - lose 2 speakers.(probably the rear) Having the two rear is jamming tunes right in one ear since the speaker is so close the riders head.

I'm planning on option one. MB quart makes a 5ch amp thats inexpensive and not over powering. However, there is still the polaris factory connector pin problem. I'm thinking I'll continue to use the RF amp to run a good clean strong signal to the 5ch MBQ amp.

Hope this sheds some light on the problem of at least a home fix rather than waiting on Polaris. Also, from what I've read on everyone's correspondence between the two companies, I'm leaning towards Polaris being at fault. Rockford has been around for quite some time. Since my first stereo systems in the 90's. They would not cheap out like this. Polaris probably cut the corners with demanding the wrong/improper components for the current setup against Rockfords advice just to save money. That's just my thoughts, no evidence.
I did your option 1 with a JL amp and it worked great. Only thing I would say is the stock sub is junk and we replaced it and got much better bass. I’m no audiophile but the bass was seriously weak for the cost of this 5 speaker setup

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the input. I was a mediocre bass-head 2 decades ago. Stuff is so much more advanced now days. Glad option 1 worked.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update

I did find the manufacturer website for the connector at the amp. The website was easy to navigate and the pins were easy to find as well. I did order some. When they arrive and they fit, I will post the the website so yall can find them and order them. The pins are on $0.20 ea. with free shipping. At this point I'll have the 4ch amp hooked up correctly. For a short while the sub will be disconnected until I get an additional amplifier wired up. I guess I'll start a new thread and link it in this thread to detail the work from here on out. Hopefully next week this project will take off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have also had the same issues with my 2020 General XP 4 1000 with ride command with Rocford Fosgate stage 4. Its barely a month old. We were able to change regions in Ride command display and get full sound. It sounded like a 400 watt system should. But we had to change the region every time the key was turned off. So I did the July update that claimed audio level fixes. Hoping that we wouldn't have to change the regions all the time. It sounds crappy all the time now. So I know this is software issue with the ride command setup...not the Fosgate system. I called Polaris customer service and was told the " July update was a fix for un intended audio levels". Polaris has done this purposely. Totally unacceptable and deceptive. I have a case number now and told them I want my money back, they can keep the ride command system. I will post what if anything comes out of this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any lawyers out there who are willing to do a class action against Polaris? Anyone know a good lawyer? I think it might be worthwhile since all owners have the same issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any lawyers out there who are willing to do a class action against Polaris? Anyone know a good lawyer? I think it might be worthwhile since all owners have the same issue.
I spent 2 days talking with Polaris and Rockford Fosgate. I ended up taking my new General back to the dealership and explained all my research. They agreed it’s BS and gave me back my deposit, cancelled my financing and I returned the Polaris. The amp is a Polaris amp installed in a Rockford Fosgate housing. Polaris Engineers asked Rockford F to hook it up just as described in the previous posts.
The issues are no Fade control, degraded amp output to speakers, not enough volume, and speakers make a pop sound after you turn the key off.

Polaris should be selling this as only a Rockford Fosgate Speaker system and not as a complete stage 4 system.
I do believe there are grounds for a class action lawsuit and someone should start gathering names and contact info for a case. You should also file a complaint with your state attorney general for Polaris being deceptive. You could also use the Lemon Law Act to fight your case and Polaris would have 4 attempts to correct the issue. If they can’t, then you should be able to return your unit.

It’s not the dealerships fault. The 3 dealerships I spoke with had no idea this was going on. If you are near a RideNow dealership and that is where you bought your Polaris, you should go speak with the General Manager. I made a video with my dealership GM and he is sending it to Polaris. All the dealership GM’s need to band together and help fight for their customers affected by this issue. Even the 2021’s are having the same problem. It’s also a issue with Ride Command installed on the RZR with RF Stage 4. Polaris is either going to have to fix this problem or the dealerships are going to have to disclose the issue. If anything, Polaris should be refunding the customers with the $2000 upgrade of the Ride Command with Stage 4 upgrade. At least it would allow you to install your own stereo and navigation unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good evening I am the new owner of a 2020 XP1000 with Ride Command and I think there is a issue with my stereo. While listening to the radio I realized there was hardly any bass coming from the subwoofer. So I played around with the settings In the head unit. When I use the fader and put it to the rear there is only bass. When I put it to the front there is no bass at all. Is this the way this system was designed or is there a issue with my machine. Sounds kinda crappy to run the sub off the rear channels?
If someone else with the stage 4 audio can see if theirs is doing the same please let me know.

Thank you,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I purchased a 2020 xp 1000 I noticed how weak the stereo was when I checked controls I noticed same thing front fade all speakers rear fade sub only. I went to the upper peninsula first weekend of November when I unloaded the whole ride command was out fuse was blown when I put in another instantly blown again. Took to dealer found out sub amp is faulty. Very unhappy with system I thought Polaris did a lot of R and D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All,
I just took out the POS ride command out and replaced with a Alpine marine touch screen with a 400 w amp. Stock RF speakers are great for this system only thing I had to re-locate is the sub, due to heater. I put it in the hole in the center console and just made two covers out of plexiglass and painted with textured satin black( looks just like the upper part of the doors) to protect it a bit but added 2" holes on each side for vents. Everything works perfectly and I have apple car play so nav, phone, even text messages all come over the system, yes a bit much but it is as load as ****, sounds great and looks slick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All,
I just took out the POS ride command out and replaced with a Alpine marine touch screen with a 400 w amp. Stock RF speakers are great for this system only thing I had to re-locate is the sub, due to heater. I put it in the hole in the center console and just made two covers out of plexiglass and painted with textured satin black( looks just like the upper part of the doors) to protect it a bit but added 2" holes on each side for vents. Everything works perfectly and I have apple car play so nav, phone, even text messages all come over the system, yes a bit much but it is as load as ****, sounds great and looks slick.
Got any pictures? Maybe details on the equipment you decided to go with.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

41 - 55 of 55 Posts