Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening I am the new owner of a 2020 XP1000 with Ride Command and I think there is a issue with my stereo. While listening to the radio I realized there was hardly any bass coming from the subwoofer. So I played around with the settings In the head unit. When I use the fader and put it to the rear there is only bass. When I put it to the front there is no bass at all. Is this the way this system was designed or is there a issue with my machine. Sounds kinda crappy to run the sub off the rear channels?
If someone else with the stage 4 audio can see if theirs is doing the same please let me know.

Thank you,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good evening I am the new owner of a 2020 XP1000 with Ride Command and I think there is a issue with my stereo. While listening to the radio I realized there was hardly any bass coming from the subwoofer. So I played around with the settings In the head unit. When I use the fader and put it to the rear there is only bass. When I put it to the front there is no bass at all. Is this the way this system was designed or is there a issue with my machine. Sounds kinda crappy to run the sub off the rear channels?
If someone else with the stage 4 audio can see if theirs is doing the same please let me know.

Thank you,

Mike

Not sure as I have the older 2018 5 button ride command, but it sounds like they have your outputs from the ride command hooked up backwards. On the 5 button models there are front , rear , and sub outputs. I would think the 7 buttons are the same.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure as I have the older 2018 5 button ride command, but it sounds like they have your outputs from the ride command hooked up backwards. On the 5 button models there are front , rear , and sub outputs. I would think the 7 buttons are the same.
I looked quick behind the head unit and saw large multi pin connector and a few gps connections. I will try to trace out the wires to see if I can swap the connectors. Does anyone have any experience hooking up a 7 button and know where the connectors could be swapped?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could somebody with the stage 4 audio please let me know if you radio does the same as mine. When you change the fader settings from front to rear does it kill all the speakers and just send the signal to the sub and when you put the fader to the frontit kills the sub and plays on all 4 speakers..

Thanks in advance.
Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2020 General with stage 4 and mine is doing the same thing. I am very disappointed in the sound quality of this system. It really shames the Rockford Fosgate Name!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
You guys that have these might have to call or email Rockford Fosgate and see what they have to say about your problems. Doubt if anyone at Polaris will be able to answer your questions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2020 General with stage 4 and mine is doing the same thing. I am very disappointed in the sound quality of this system. It really shames the Rockford Fosgate Name!
Thanks gfloyd. I am going to call Rockford Fosgate. Kicker is I am go to have to take out the subwoofer anyway to install my heater. What a waste,

·
Registered
72 Posts
With "balance" and "fader" set to mid postion, my stage 4 audio sounds fine. But the fader does not do what it's supposed to. When I fade completely to the front, both front and rear speakers get louder and more trebly in sound. When I fade completely to the rear, both front and rear speakers get very soft and lose all treble. The fader control is not working correctly at all. I don't know if Polaris is aware or not.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Everyone I see here with an XP complains about the same problem with fader. I would think Polaris had been made aware. If you want to make sure they're aware, pick up the phone and call them. Squeaky wheels get grease right? Don't call the dealer, call Polaris directly. Explain to them that you're not happy with your purchase and they need to make it right. Enough guys calling about this may get them moving on a fix.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am another 2020 XP with Ride Command and Rockford Fosgate Stage 4 Audio - Fader not working, plus for a 400 watt system is not at all powerful. I have been to my dealer and they ordered a new Command Control head unit but due to Covid, I cant get it in to attempt to fix it. I did do a Ride Command update from Jan. 2020 and that maybe did help volume issues somewhat but still have the fader issue. I hope someone can reply to this forum, that is somewhat ahead of us and maybe had a dealer fix this already? Anyone get through to Rockford Fosgate or Polaris on this issue?

·
Registered
22 Posts
So answering some of my own question, I did have a conversation with Rockford Fosgate. Steve recommended I discuss with Polaris as he wasn't sure if the fade works. Polaris may only have 2 channels through the head unit one frt and one rear. Calling the basic Polaris help line gets me no where. Up to the dealer now. That's all I know today.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't use the radio much so I can't address the issue. I did get a loud bang recently like 12 gauge shotgun went off in my dash and all sudden emitted a loud unbearable roar and buzzing that won't go away. My guess the amp or the sub woofer blew for some unknown reason and Polaris and my dealer after a week after reporting to both they have no clue as to what happened. Dealer said he just got one in the shop the day before with the same issue I called to tell them about it. They are waiting on Polaris to tell them what needs to be done. If I could eliminate the radio and all the other related stuff I would but it all is tied together with the ride command system. I can pull the 25 amp info fuse #25 but it kills the whole Nav system, etc..

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am another 2020 XP with Ride Command and Rockford Fosgate Stage 4 Audio - Fader not working, plus for a 400 watt system is not at all powerful. I have been to my dealer and they ordered a new Command Control head unit but due to Covid, I cant get it in to attempt to fix it. I did do a Ride Command update from Jan. 2020 and that maybe did help volume issues somewhat but still have the fader issue. I hope someone can reply to this forum, that is somewhat ahead of us and maybe had a dealer fix this already? Anyone get through to Rockford Fosgate or Polaris on this issue?
XPRob, did the dealer ever install a new Ride Command? Did it solve the fader issue? I'm skeptical that it helped. :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
XPRob, did the dealer ever install a new Ride Command? Did it solve the fader issue? I'm skeptical that it helped. :(
Not yet, the dealer just started taking appt. again. I will know in a couple of weeks. Talking to a friend who has a 2020 Ranger with Ride Command and comparing stereo loudness and base, mine is not close to his... grrrr!

·
Registered
72 Posts
So I took my 2020 General XP 4 1000 into the dealer for the recall notice. I also told them about the fader not working and asked them to please investigate and contact Polaris if necessary. The service tech made certain that the speaker wires were connected correctly. The service warranty person then contacted Polaris and was told that the included 400 watt amp was only a two channel amp. Front and rear left speakers are wired to one channel and front and rear right speakers are wired to the other channel. Fading is not possible and cannot be fixed without installing a 4 channel amp. Balance works. Fading does not. Of course, when you spend $2000 to add Ride Command and the upgraded Rockford Fosgate audio system, you would assume that you could fade between front and rear passengers, especially since there is a fader control present on the screen. The dealer also told me that Rockford Fosgate does make a 4 channel amp that would allow fading, however he did not know if it would fit in the same location as the current amp.

I think it is poor of Polaris to care so little for their customers. They could fix this if they wanted by supplying the 4 channel amp that should have been installed originally.

·
Registered
647 Posts
That's an amateur way of wiring a system. I'm surprised Rockford would put their name on that. They have been at the top of the audio game for more than 25yrs. I guess they sold out to be part of the manufacturer market. What a shame.

·
Registered
22 Posts
XrayDoc88 thank you for the info, sounds like the Rockford Fosgate guy was right, he thought there was a two signal system from the head unit to the amp and that the head unit was a carry over from the sound bar system. Geez... 2000 bucks for a 200 buck system!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thank you,

Mike

Bought a new 2020 XP 1000 with the rockford fosgate and ride command, same exact issue as you. Call Polaris and they say I must handle it through the dealer with an 'Ask Polaris Claim' Total BS. Like so many others involved in this discussion I am pissed off. First indication of an issue was evident when I was demonstrating to my 14 year old son, how to operate the radio, and discovered that the Fader was NOT working properly....just as others have described, it fades from 'All 4 Speakers' to 'Sub woofer', Not front to rear as it should. Piss poor quality and attention to detail by Polaris. IF, in fact, the amp is only a 2 channel amp, not a 4 channel as it SHOULD be, then for gods sake at least let us have the full 400 watts by powering front and rear speakers individually....then maybe if they want to get cheap they could tie the sub into the front channel (sub is located under the front dash anyway). I feel totally abused by this substandard radio system. The biggest pisser of all; the entire radio unit recently started cracking/popping (as other described), then went full volume/cracking/etc....uncontrollably. I had to remove the 25 amp fuse to disable the entire ride command unit just to be able to drive the dam side by side....to get it home. Hopefully no damage to speakers. Keep in mind this machine is BRAND NEW!!! I only have 28 miles on it. Traded my commander in for it. Now I am having 2nd thoughts.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bought a new 2020 XP 1000 with the rockford fosgate and ride command, same exact issue as you. Call Polaris and they say I must handle it through the dealer with an 'Ask Polaris Claim' Total BS. Like so many others involved in this discussion I am pissed off. First indication of an issue was evident when I was demonstrating to my 14 year old son, how to operate the radio, and discovered that the Fader was NOT working properly....just as others have described, it fades from 'All 4 Speakers' to 'Sub woofer', Not front to rear as it should. Piss poor quality and attention to detail by Polaris. IF, in fact, the amp is only a 2 channel amp, not a 4 channel as it SHOULD be, then for gods sake at least let us have the full 400 watts by powering front and rear speakers individually....then maybe if they want to get cheap they could tie the sub into the front channel (sub is located under the front dash anyway). I feel totally abused by this substandard radio system. The biggest pisser of all; the entire radio unit recently started cracking/popping (as other described), then went full volume/cracking/etc....uncontrollably. I had to remove the 25 amp fuse to disable the entire ride command unit just to be able to drive the dam side by side....to get it home. Hopefully no damage to speakers. Keep in mind this machine is BRAND NEW!!! I only have 28 miles on it. Traded my commander in for it. Now I am having 2nd thoughts.
Oh my gosh! I haven't experienced the crackling and uncontrollable full volume, but I've hardly used the radio so far. If the system was wired wrong from the beginning, with time maybe everyone will have this happen. Currently there is no indication that Polaris even cares about this issue. Pawning it off to the dealers who cannot fix a broken design is totally lame. Perhaps there needs to be a class action lawsuit to get this addressed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My guess if we all start complaining to Rockford Fosgate and bring the units into dealers for warranty work - something will get done. This is bigger then a couple of bad units. I have mine in the shop this week for the same thing and requested they reach out to Polaris for poor volume along with the fader issue. Rockford Fosgate cant sit on their hands if their names are on this unit like they are! My two cents. I would have spent the money on Rugged Radio or something else had this been the case. Does anyone reading this post actually have a 2020 General with stage 4 that the fader does work in it or thinks the unit is loud (like level 4-5 running 20 mph and you can hear it)???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts