Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
These are great I have been looking for something just like this, I live in Vermont and have noticed the same thing. My General only gets up to about 175, and doesn't really make heat until around 200. I would definitely like to purchase one, without the camera and in the orange and black. Please email with information [email protected]

·
Registered
2017 Polaris General Deluxe RC
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
These are great I have been looking for something just like this, I live in Vermont and have noticed the same thing. My General only gets up to about 175, and doesn't really make heat until around 200. I would definitely like to purchase one, without the camera and in the orange and black. Please email with information [email protected]
Email sent! Thanks!

Also, @grnmchn, I got your message, but I can't reply to PM's because I haven't got enough posts. You can email me at rush0011 @ gmail.com & I'd be happy to make you a cover. :smile2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got mine

This works perfect, and the quality is excellent, received it in less than a week from the time I ordered. My wife and I like to ride around the back roads in the winter, and the machine did not want to warm up with this, temps hit right around 200, and heater works perfectly.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
This works perfect, and the quality is excellent, received it in less than a week from the time I ordered. My wife and I like to ride around the back roads in the winter, and the machine did not want to warm up, with this, temps hit right around 200, and heater works perfectly.
Fantastic! I'm so happy to hear that! Thank you! :smile2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought a 2017 Deluxe with Ride Command and it's got the Ice Crusher heater in it. The heater didn't really seem to get very warm so I made a cover (winter front, I guess they're called) for the grill to reduce the amount of cold air flowing across the radiator in hopes that it would up my operating temp from the 174º that it was at to something that would open the thermostat. It worked wonders! With the cover on, the temp ranged between 194º-202º and I had nice heat in my cab.

So I thought I'd show off the cover I made.
If you're considering covering part of your radiator for the same reason, I'd have to say it definitely helps and you don't have to put an ugly or rinky-dink piece of cardboard on. It can look nice, too!
Hey tatertots I ran across your post about a winter front I would really like one you can email me if you’re still making them thanks ram hunter

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thread update! I've gotten several requests for lower grill covers. I've been very busy but finally got some time today to get out to the shop & pattern a lower cover. This is my prototype so it's not quite dialed in perfectly (it's a tad narrow at the bottom) but that's an easy re-draft. I haven't gotten to take it for a whip yet so I can't say if it will do more than just covering the top grill but once I have a handful of rides in, I'll update again.

Pics! Of course! ;) I love pics!

The single bartack in the center is for my mini lightbar wires to go through.

You can see that the very bottom portion is a tad narrow here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thread update! I've gotten several requests for lower grill covers. I've been very busy but finally got some time today to get out to the shop & pattern a lower cover. This is my prototype so it's not quite dialed in perfectly (it's a tad narrow at the bottom) but that's an easy re-draft. I haven't gotten to take it for a whip yet so I can't say if it will do more than just covering the top grill but once I have a handful of rides in, I'll update again.

Pics! Of course! ;) I love pics!

The single bartack in the center is for my mini lightbar wires to go through.
View attachment 68309

You can see that the very bottom portion is a tad narrow here.
View attachment 68311

View attachment 68313
do you make covers for a ranger as well

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
@ndfarmer I don't yet. I'm trying, but to be honest, I don't know anyone with side by sides. However, I was able to pattern a 2021 570 "mid" Ranger last week but that's as far as I've gotten with it. I've been so busy with orders for the last 3 weeks I haven't had a chance to make the prototype for that one.

I plan on making them available as I get the opportunity to pattern them.
Sorry about that.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts