Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2017 Deluxe with Ride Command and it's got the Ice Crusher heater in it. The heater didn't really seem to get very warm so I made a cover (winter front, I guess they're called) for the grill to reduce the amount of cold air flowing across the radiator in hopes that it would up my operating temp from the 174º that it was at to something that would open the thermostat. It worked wonders! With the cover on, the temp ranged between 194º-202º and I had nice heat in my cab.

So I thought I'd show off the cover I made.
If you're considering covering part of your radiator for the same reason, I'd have to say it definitely helps and you don't have to put an ugly or rinky-dink piece of cardboard on. It can look nice, too!

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just bought a 2017 Deluxe with Ride Command and it's got the Ice Crusher heater in it. The heater didn't really seem to get very warm so I made a cover (winter front, I guess they're called) for the grill to reduce the amount of cold air flowing across the radiator in hopes that it would up my operating temp from the 174º that it was at to something that would open the thermostat. It worked wonders! With the cover on, the temp ranged between 194º-202º and I had nice heat in my cab.

So I thought I'd show off the cover I made.

If you're considering covering part of your radiator for the same reason, I'd have to say it definitely helps and you don't have to put an ugly or rinky-dink piece of cardboard on. It can look nice, too!

Beautiful work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure! I can do them with or without the camera provision and in any color embroidery you'd like for $28. That includes shipping to your door and 9 zip ties for attachment.

Here's a pic of one that shows the zip tie attachments a little clearer. You simply thread the zip ties through the slots and around a "bar" of the honeycomb of the grill. Just cut the zip ties off at the end of the season and replace with new ones next winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sure! I can do them with or without the camera provision and in any color embroidery you'd like for $28.That includes shipping to your door and 9 zip ties for attachment.
I certainly don't need one here in Florida; just wanted to say that $28 sounds cheap for a quality item such as that one. Very nice!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!
I figured I'd offer them here for a low "intro" price. Maybe it'll help me gauge interest to see if I should pre-make some for quicker shipping or just make them to order. There was a lot of interest on facebook, but it seems as though once people learned they were not free, the interest waned.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Doesn't surprise me when you say once they learned they aren't free they don't want them. Surprised they don't want you to pay them to take one!
It is a different world we live in nowadays.
They look nice for sure.
We had to move our front camera to a different spot in the grill once we mounted our Vendetta Viper front bumper and grill guard.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Where are you located?
Too many people don't put their location when they join the forum. It should be mandatory that way when they mention something or sell something we at least know the general area of the state and what state they are from if they don't want to list the city.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Oh, I didn't realize there was a spot for that. Thanks. I'll fill it in now. I'm near Duluth, MN.
Been there many times. Used to live in Central, NoDak until last year and moved to AZ. Tired of the cold, wind, and months of snow! We get snow here (Payson) occasionally but is gone in 1-4 days usually.

·
Super Moderator
4,116 Posts
Welcome to the site TaterTots !

Nice looking cover great job!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, Ronnie!

Johnny, I don't blame you at all! I'd love to move back to a warmer climate (I'm from L.A.). Hopefully someday!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I sent you a email and a message on facebook

Thanks muz

·
Registered
146 Posts
Snazzy lookin' for sure! If I ever get a heater I'm gettin' one of these.

For now I'm roughin it with windshield and roof. We'll see how tomorrow goes on the ice :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks!
It's -14º up here, I hope its at least a little warmer down there! Stay warm on the ice!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts