The problem is they won’t wake up. Carbon monoxide is the “ silent killer”. It’s colorless , odorless, and virtually undetectable without a gas monitor. This time of year I respond to at least one CO alarm in a 24 hour shift sometimes more . Some are faulty dectectors, some with and some without patients. Most of the time is a faulty furnace. Usually a plugged up vent. My god your riding for fun. Suck it up and dress warm. Layer your clothing. Cab enclosures keep out 95% of the cold.Moto, what is it going to take to wake these guy up, was in the fire department to ,what don’t they understand.
Indoors propane heater are designed for use in a medium to large room. Using an indoor propane heater in a cab of a side by side is just crazy. When a propane heater burns the incomplete combustion puts off CO. Remember for the propane heater to work it needs oxygen. It’s using the oxygen as fuel and putting off CO as exhaust. In a small enclosed area it will use up the oxygen and leave Carbon monoxide. It’s like a person. You breathe in oxygen and breathe out carbon dioxide. Propane breathes in oxygen and breathes out CO.@motoxmike541
Carbon monoxide issue is a real one but if the area is vented properly (at the top) these can be used safely.
I know you have most likely seen many people who have been sickened or died from using them improperly but the ones who use them correctly never need to call you, so you only see the bad.
Don't get me wrong though, as I would not use one of these in a moving vehicle myself.
Its called a golf cart heater for a gold cart that doesn’t have an enclosure. Check out the picture. rWonder why they call them golf cart heaters....
They have shutoffs for to much corbin monoxide, as much air comes threw my enclosure you could sit in there with a open propane tank and not get poisoned🤣, and I use to work on campers so know about carbon monoxide poisoning, just don't go to sleep in it with it idleing and heat going wide open😁
I'm smart enough to know the small buddy heaters have carbon monoxide cutoffs, I smart enough to know there's no way u gonna get it in that enclosure as much air gets threw there, your post tells me u a idiot!!! Smart---, one in every crowd, try to have fun and joke around and a know it all ruins itView attachment 74006
Its called a golf cart heater for a gold cart that doesn’t have an enclosure. Check out the picture. r
Read about them. There is a warning telling you NOT to use in small enclosed areas. Your genius comment “ just don’t go to sleep” tells me just how intelligent you really are. Every year approximately 50000 people visit the emergency rooms for CO poisoning. Last year 430 people “ just fell to sleep” and met Jesus. i guess maybe they just weren’t as smart as you are.
Your right I might be a smart*** but at least I’m trying to keep someone from making a mistake that could get them sick or even kill them. You do what you want. That’s what’s great about America, we are free to do what we want. Stay safe and if your ever in southwestern Pennsylvania look me up we can go riding. I own 385 acres and have a lot of trails and a 1 mile motocross track and a dedicated supercross track.I'm smart enough to know the small buddy heaters have carbon monoxide cutoffs, I smart enough to know there's no way u gonna get it in that enclosure as much air gets threw there, your post tells me u a idiot!!! Smart---, one in every crowd, try to have fun and joke around and a know it all ruins it
430 people died of carbon monoxide poisoning last year
5041 choked to death last year, suggest u quit eating
Not sure what brand it was but my brother in law had a little 12 volt heater in his new general used it for maybe 2 weeks then ordered the inferno heater, the 12 volt one was maybe enough heat to warm your hands while moving but severely overmatched for the generals cab and it was a 2 seaterHas anyone ever tried one of those 12v heaters that sit on the dash? The're around $25 on Amazon. Not sure if they throw off enough heat. I tried the Mr Heater thing once. The off-gasing was terrible and i was concerned that i would melt my dash from the heat. Never tried again and never will.