Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XP 4
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the new Tusk G4 uppers on last week which I’m very happy with. (Yes it took a little tweaking). Hopefully will invest in a heater next year but for the time being I’ll be rocking the mr buddy little heater with the 14.1oz bottles to fit in the cup holder. Going to take it out this weekend and if it goes out to much I’ll bypass the tip over switch which I heard does wonders. Also picked up the golf cart mr heater for my buddy. Kept it to compare the differences but I really like them both.
Watch Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Gauge

Sports gear Automotive tire Helmet Automotive lighting Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel Speedometer

Automotive tire Sports gear Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Gear shift Vehicle Speedometer Car Gauge

Car Vehicle Plant Hood Gear shift

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice upper doors. What year is your 67-72 chevy pickup you have there? Is it a shortbed? I might have some cash to help you get that heater installed earlier than next year. Haha!

·
Registered
2021 XP 4
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice upper doors. What year is your 67-72 chevy pickup you have there? Is it a shortbed? I might have some cash to help you get that heater installed earlier than next year. Haha!
Haha it’s a 71. Yes it’s a shortbed. Thank you but it’s probably going to stay here for awhile. Can’t have to many toys

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
If i tried to use heaters like that, I would either melt or burn something on the machine.
Like Dirty Harry said, " A man has to know his limitations ". 🤣

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
471 Posts
If i tried to use heaters like that, I would either melt or burn something on the machine.
Like Dirty Harry said, " A man has to know his limitations ".
X 2! I purchased a golf cart heater to use in my first general. I pulled it out of the box and said no way in he!! is that happening! I guarantee I would've burnt my hand more times than I would care to. I put it back in the box and returned it. Then swallowed the hard pill to buy a polaris heater...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Polaris General 1000 Deluxe
77 Posts
You don’t t us propane heaters in an enclosed area you get carbon monoxide

·
Registered
2017 Polaris General 1000 Deluxe
77 Posts
Anything that burns a fuel causes carb monoxide no matter what it is, just saying

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,541 Posts
Anything that burns a fuel causes carb monoxide no matter what it is, just saying
Propane isn't as bad it's really clean burning. It's approved for many indoor uses. Indoor units have a low oxygen shut off, because it will burn the oxygen out of the air first. Blue flame good, orange flame bad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Put the new Tusk G4 uppers on last week which I’m very happy with. (Yes it took a little tweaking). Hopefully will invest in a heater next year but for the time being I’ll be rocking the mr buddy little heater with the 14.1oz bottles to fit in the cup holder. Going to take it out this weekend and if it goes out to much I’ll bypass the tip over switch which I heard does wonders. Also picked up the golf cart mr heater for my buddy. Kept it to compare the differences but I really like them both. View attachment 73919
View attachment 73914
View attachment 73918
View attachment 73917
View attachment 73916
View attachment 73915
View attachment 73913
View attachment 73912
As a career firefighter /EMT for the last 27 years I don’t think it’s a good idea to use your propane heater in an enclosed cab. Carbon Monoxide poisoning can happen and you won’t even know it. Recently I had a young man die using a similar set up in a tent while camping. Layer your clothing and get a heated vest on Amazon. Stay safe and enjoy riding but please don’t use propane to keep your self warm. It’s only meant to be used in a well vented area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The General, even with full doors/windows is well vented.
I have a 2 seat general with the tusk enclosure and I would never put myself of my family in that cab with a propane heater. In all honesty I bought my wife and me heated vest on Amazon for less than 200.00 and I have it turned off most the time. Do what you want. I see people with CO poisoning all the time especially this time of the year. Just had a guy a week ago working on a generator in his garage with the garage door up about 6 inches and his wife found him laying on the floor altered level. We got 400ppm on a gas monitor. He’s living but spent time in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber. I been on the job for 27 years and it’s people like you who think it will be ok and “ it won’t happen to me “ that’s gets them in trouble. Be smart and have fun. There are other ways to keep warm. They also make a 12 volt electric blanket. Your family would rather spend money on those things than your funeral. Ride smart and have fun.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Has anyone ever tried one of those 12v heaters that sit on the dash? The're around $25 on Amazon. Not sure if they throw off enough heat. I tried the Mr Heater thing once. The off-gasing was terrible and i was concerned that i would melt my dash from the heat. Never tried again and never will.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts