Polaris General Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
PolarisGeneralForum.com Vendor
573 Posts
Paul i can honestly say that just because the belt "seems fine" doesn't mean it actually is. It could be something as dumb as a slight deviation in the belt that's causing an abnormal vibration that the clutch sensors are picking up on. Polaris sensors for the belts on there machines i've learned are more picky and tempermental then a chick with PMS and a hunger craving...

EDIT : Nvm, just realized how long ago this post was... XD
There isn't any belt sensors on a Polaris.

The ECU just monitors rpm versus ground speed and a million other parameters and it is so sensitive on the general and when you have any belt slippage it sets off the code, other things cause it too.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well, I finally got the Cylinder Misfire Detection Codes 65590 and 65591 after 2,800 miles total (since June 2017) and 400 miles with the Duraclutch installed in early April 2018.
My 2017 Gen 4 was built in early April 2017 which was after the recall/flash fix for the fire problem (17-102) so my ECU probably either has that flash fix or is just a new ECU with the same fixes.

Managed to get out of limp mode and lose the Check Engine Light by driving for less than a mile after resting the machine for an hour or so.

It happened after a 45 minute/25 mile drive on tarmac roads in Turf Mode just as I was getting close to home after having the Door Panel fix work done at Ride Now Phoenix.
It was a hot day yesterday even early in the morning, probably around 85-90F while I was driving. Speeds would have been between 30 and 55 mph.
Gilomen cite constant high speed driving as a possible cause for these codes ( among many others) so I think that is a likely cause in my case.

I will see if it happens again and if so I will check out the Duraclutch & Belt at that time. I am away from home for a while soon so another ride is not for several weeks.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Spggy,

If the machine does go into limp mode, stop, shut the engine off, restart and roll easy and in about 1/4 mile the Check Engine Light will go out. No need to let it sit for an hour.

Learned this in Arizona in January...did the hour wait...then next time...less wait...and by the 4th time...just shut it off, started and rolled and click out goes the light...

With the Gilomen ECU...should be a thing of the past. And will know for sure in about 48 hours as we'll be in Moab and rolling on the slickrock!!!

More to come...

Pirate

·
Registered
279 Posts
Good tips on not waiting much to restart and go.
Please do let us know if the Gilomen ECU flash solves your problem after MOAB.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I sent my ECU to Gilomen on Friday and will have it back the end of this week. Only did the troublesome code removals for $200 since I already have a custom tune of my own. We will also be riding in Moab the end of this month so making sure I do not experience these codes again and go into limp mode ... not what I need far back in the hills of Moab going up a slick rock. Will also update this thread with my results regarding the Gilomen ECU fix (after a few weeks of riding to ensure the codes are gone).

·
Registered
83 Posts
The reflashed ECU was waiting for me last night when I got home from Canada (for work). The turnaround time by Gilomen Innovations was very impressive. They reflashed the ECU removing the troublesome codes and shipped the ECU back the same day. Whole process took less than a week. I performed the reinstallation procedure this morning and had no issues when I took it for a “hard” ride. Before the reflash I was able to cause the codes to trigger by accelerating fast up to 50 mph then quickly letting off the throttle. So ... hopefully these codes are gone forever. Will update this thread if they come back.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I believe the issues Polaris dumped on us are gone with the Gilomen Innovations ECU program.

We've been out on the trails in Moab for six days, did all sorts of trails and all kinds of riding styles...not a single code...just works perfectly.

And the improvements to the ignition and fuel maps....just more power to use!!

Pirate

·
Registered
83 Posts
Good to hear. Thanks Pirate for the response. We are also headed to Moab the week after Memorial (when the crowds go home) ... and I am looking forward to enjoying quality riding time with my family ... without issues like this. The door skin replacements for our G4 came in on Friday ... so hopefully dealer can install them before Moab. Last Polaris design issue fix ... I hope ...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe 65590 means your left cylinder injector is not working properly ie. not sucking fuel from the tank to the cylinder nozzle. Most likely a wiring issue. If you can, disconnect the wiring from the right cylinder and connect to the left and see if it works to test the injector condition.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Sooo...I responded to Jovi79's question on fault code 65590 and sent an e-mail to Terry Gilomen.

Here's what I got back, that I thought I should share:

Terry wrote:

I have performed the ECU false misfire fix to several 2018 Generals that the customer had been having issues with the 65590, 65591, 65592 codes coming up.
The 2016 Generals would of originally not had the misfire issue but if the ECU was ever updated at the dealership they would have the potential problem with the new flash update.
All 1000 Polaris models from 2017 + came with the misfire programming from the factory.
The 2019 models have it also.

So here is some additional information on the issue. I have not heard a word about Polaris fixing the issue. So Gilomen Innovations "fix" is the only one I know of.

Just thought I should share.

Pirate

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm happy for Gilomen Innovations as they should be getting a lot of business from the Polaris community. It just sucks that Polaris won't correct the issue they know exists.

I'm still on the fence about getting my ECU reflashed. I'm not having the code issues unless it's driver induced. Still haven't heard if the Gilomen ECU increases fuel mileage. If it does

I would send mine off tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm happy for Gilomen Innovations as they should be getting a lot of business from the Polaris community. It just sucks that Polaris won't correct the issue they know exists.

I'm still on the fence about getting my ECU reflashed. I'm not having the code issues unless it's driver induced. Still haven't heard if the Gilomen ECU increases fuel mileage. If it does

I would send mine off tomorrow.
I have 2017 rzr 1000 highlifter and been getting the error codes 65590 and 65592... changed my belt an plugs did oil change and all that an still getting error code... so I decided to pull my ECU and send it off to gilomen innovations to get it reflashed.... I’ll post my results next week

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I have 2017 rzr 1000 highlifter and been getting the error codes 65590 and 65592... changed my belt an plugs did oil change and all that an still getting error code... so I decided to pull my ECU and send it off to gilomen innovations to get it reflashed.... I’ll post my results next week
Looking at the codes you're getting, its Misfire Detection and Terry Gilomen will fix that! Did you get the performance upgrade as well?

Pirate

41 - 58 of 58 Posts