Polaris General Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Another piece of the bed cover puzzle...

I built the bed cover with this box in mind, even though I didn't have it at the time. Fortunately the measurements Summit provided were dead on. Going to get some black egg crate foam to put inside, to keep the tools and such from flying around. Have it set up like a gun case.
Hey MMX,

Did you get a new truck? I can see the rear 1/4 panel and rim in your last picture. Of course it's red. LOL.

·
Registered
224 Posts
>:) yep, traded the Sierra for a Silverado 2500. Red was a requirement when I was looking around. Got to keep the theme going.
Very cool! When do truck mods start? lol. I'm thinking 6 in lift with 37" tires since it's a 2500.

·
Super Moderator
4,124 Posts
Better to have and not need then to need and not have! >:)

·
Super Moderator
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
I think I've finally got this bed dialed in for our upcoming, and future trips. I want to be able to carry extra fuel, but still have room for the cooler too. I got two 2.5 gallon jugs, that fit nicely under the bedcover, but also work perfectly with the cooler I already had.

So the jugs are held down with a rope ratchet running to the two factory tie downs, with the cooler kind of wedged in between.

To keep the cooler in place, and hold the lid closed tight, I screwed a piece of angle iron to the board running across the back, or front, depending on how you look at it.

For the tailgate side, I've thought about this for a bit, and didn't want a piece of angled there. Noticing the notch in the cooler lid, I had a brainstorm, and remembered an old bump stop I had, and the diameter is perfect. Drilled a slightly undersized hole, and threaded the bump stop into the tailgate. Of course it wasn't that simple, since all that is going on close to the tailgate handle, so I took the tailgate apart. After checking for the all clear, I assembled everything, and now my cooler is very secure, and no tie downs needed.

Even without the gas jugs, the cooler is going nowhere, so long as the tailgate doesn't fall off. :)

I'm ready to ride.

·
Super Moderator
4,124 Posts
That's what you can do with a little thinking! Looks great MMX simple and works!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks.

I've been very happy with these tires.
Getting ready to place my order for wheels and tires. I really like the basic look of the STI HD's but they're only offered in the 4+3 offset. With your experience do you think this additional width will hurt its ability on the trail?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looking back to the compressor......would you share some detail regarding the compressor....make, model, amp draw and tank size. What cfm are you getting?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
The compressor is an old Thomas that came from Air Ride Tech, back when I bagged my first truck in 2001. Don't remember the amp draw, but a 40 amp relay is handling the job. It has a 90psi on, 150psi off pressure switch, and a 3 gallon tank. The relay gets power straight from the battery, with a dash mounted switch controlling power to the pressure switch, so it only runs when I want it to.

Viair makes great compressors if you're looking to buy one. I've gotten good service out of those too. Many sizes to chose from.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The compressor is an old Thomas that came from Air Ride Tech, back when I bagged my first truck in 2001. Don't remember the amp draw, but a 40 amp relay is handling the job. It has a 90psi on, 150psi off pressure switch, and a 3 gallon tank. The relay gets power straight from the battery, with a dash mounted switch controlling power to the pressure switch, so it only runs when I want it to.

Viair makes great compressors if you're looking to buy one. I've gotten good service out of those too. Many sizes to chose from.
Does this setup give enough cfm for dust blow gun?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 123 Posts