Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2015 RZR 900s which the general uses the same suspension setup. My RZR had grease fittings at all the A arm bushings where my General has no grease fittings for the A arm bushings. Someone had told me they upgraded the bushing but I don't remember who. Kind of surprised there are no grease fittings there. Anybody have any info on it :confused:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Only that they have gone to sealed bushings. It is supposed to be better and maintenance free. My Ranger had grease zerks on all the bushings as well so I know what you mean.

There are a couple grease fittings on the sway bars and the front drive shaft at the transmission.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have not picked my General up yet so I havent been able to look but is this true?? no grease fittings on the suspension? I am a very strong believer in that you can never grease these machines too much. I am always greasing my RZR. I have gotten amazing life out of my OEM bushings and I think its from all the grease I always pump into it. Has anybody had any squeaky bushings yet? any slop in the a-arms? Has anybody tapped grease fittings into the pivot points? I might be lookng into doing that........

·
Registered
82 Posts
Are you guys buying the all seasons grease and u-joint grease or just one? My thought is will it make that much of a difference if i use the all seasons grease on my trailer, sway bars, and u-joints instead of having 3 different greases to change out. Anyone doing this?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I bought the Polaris all purpose 14 oz purple grease and use for everything. I did have the same question.

Reactions: philbricks

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought the Polaris all purpose 14 oz purple grease and use for everything. I did have the same question.
Yeah that was the route i was hoping someone had taken because i didn't want to have to change out tubes just to put in the u-joint grease, then again for trailer bearings.

·
Super Moderator
1,000 Posts
Also, are you guys using the 14oz grease gun or the 3oz grease gun? Is it easier to get to fittings with the smaller grease gun? In the market for one.
I just bought the small grease gun and 4 pack of 3oz tubes today from Polaris
:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
4,144 Posts
I do a lot of greasing on a lot of dif. items on a lot of dif. things and just buy a good quality grease and use it on everything on the General and all will be good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts