Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hi all, I just followed the instructions on the video, and was able to find the remaining two grease zirks on my G4 prop shaft. WITHOUT REMOVING MY SKID PLATES! Thanks again, and I am glad and mad for this forum. Glad because of all the information in here, and mad because of the money you all talked me into spending on my rig! But it sure looks, and operates much better than stock. Just a couple more mods to go!
Its gonna get worse before it gets better!

Reactions: drsmitty74

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all, I just followed the instructions on the video, and was able to find the remaining two grease zirks on my G4 prop shaft. WITHOUT REMOVING MY SKID PLATES! Thanks again, and I am glad and mad for this forum. Glad because of all the information in here, and mad because of the money you all talked me into spending on my rig! But it sure looks, and operates much better than stock. Just a couple more mods to go!
Your welcome. Glad it helped!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Glad this was helpful for you. I too have a 2018 G4 and will be doing this tonight.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Dega Hound did you go through the opening under the drivers seat. Is yours a G4
After several hours it decided to upload. Sorry it wasn't more detailed and a better vid. Click youtube link below to view. Also its nice to have a long prybar to remove grease fitting from the midshaft zerk.

Great Video! I need to take a closer look at mine. Thanks for sharing this!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Roadrunner, I do have a 2018 g4. I removed my driver seat, then removed the cover for the storage box, located under the seat, then removed the storage box itself. Then you are able to see everything that is between the floor and the skid plate where the shaft runs, along with the rear brake line, and the lower framework. Doing the above requires no tools.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The middle zerk is a little harder to get/see. This needed two people. I am too large to craw under my machine! That’s what they made son in laws for!😂 I put him under the machine, and with a light placed inside, near the middle zerk, I moved the machine until he said stop. Then he put the gun on the zerk. EasyPeasy! Then I gave him a High five, and a couple beers!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone have photos of the other grease fittings as well? I have a 2020 XP4 and haven’t been able to locate fittings other than the U-Joint fittings

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just creeping up on the 500 mile mark and eyei g over what is required to get at the 3 u joints for greasing. I got at the rear one no problem (back by the engine) but the other two look like I need to pull the forward skid plate. For removal it looks like a handful of screws and it will be loose. I’m not sure how it will come out from that point because it fits under plastic on the sides of the buggy. Looks like I just yank down on it and it will pop out. Before attempting, I’ll probably lift the unit up on jack stands to get more room to work. I don't ride in mud or water. Trail work only so Im going to use a 1000 mile interval. Considering the average day ride for me is close to 100 miles, it doesn’t take long to get there. Any thoughts? I. Just thinking out loud. Jay.
Jay I took off the skid plate. Doesn't take long

·
Registered
24 Posts
Awesome. Thank you!! Anyone find any in the front end? Also, looks like the manual says to use different for the 3 u joint fittings and normal all season grease for the others?

·
Registered
38 Posts
My 2018 G4 has 7 of the “stock” grease locations. 3 on the prop shaft, and the front and rear sway bars has 2 each. The sway bar locations are all towards the inside of the machine where they are attached to the framework. (Video above on the 2020 showed location of the rear sway bar.)
And since I am so anal about maintenance, I don’t worry about using different grease at the different locations. Just use a good quality grease. There are lots out there.
Side note: Now that I am running the SATV A arms, I have 6 more points to grease!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts