Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just creeping up on the 500 mile mark and eyei g over what is required to get at the 3 u joints for greasing. I got at the rear one no problem (back by the engine) but the other two look like I need to pull the forward skid plate. For removal it looks like a handful of screws and it will be loose. I’m not sure how it will come out from that point because it fits under plastic on the sides of the buggy. Looks like I just yank down on it and it will pop out. Before attempting, I’ll probably lift the unit up on jack stands to get more room to work. I don't ride in mud or water. Trail work only so Im going to use a 1000 mile interval. Considering the average day ride for me is close to 100 miles, it doesn’t take long to get there. Any thoughts? I. Just thinking out loud. Jay.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pull the driver seat and storage box. Grease the front then reach back and align the zerk downward. There is a hole in skid plate to grease from underneath

·
Registered
333 Posts
Schmeg, Yes I have found the only way to grease the two mid mount u joint slip grease fitting is to remove all three skip plates, a bit of a pain, but it is what it is. Yes the skid plates fit under the lip when you put them back in. Not too bad of a job. At some as I mentioned before when I get some ambition :) I am going to put some openings in that front skid plate to access them in the future and change one grease you don't have to come in from the top of the drive to get to because of a frame brace being in the way. A 90 degree zerk should take care of that.

·
Registered
333 Posts
19558077 I did as you suggested, pulling the front drivers seat, but I could not find the grease fittings. If you had some pictures that would help ID the area in question

·
Registered
28 Posts
19558077 I did as you suggested, pulling the front drivers seat, but I could not find the grease fittings. If you had some pictures that would help ID the area in question
On a 24 so unable to take pics right now. Front zerk will be to the left (towards front of machine), the center zerk is to the right (rear towards engine), you cannot see it. If you reach back in there you can feel the zerk. Put machine in neutral and move by hand to align zerk so its facing straight down so you can push grease tip up from underneath. It helps to lay a shop light under the seat to see once underneath

·
Registered
333 Posts
Is yours a 2020 XP? There is a welded frame brace on the rear one where you must come in from the top. Plus there is access that I have found for it. But, thanks for the reply. I will look at further. I may have missed some thing! :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pulled the seat and storage bin already. It looks like a long reach up to the front one. I’ll look again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok, I didn’t want to start a new thread, and I have the same question on a 2018 4 door. I found the rear one, just wondering the best way to find the other two. Thanks, and sorry for the sort of “high jack” of this thread.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Awesome video! I am sure my 2018 4 door is very similar, at least for the locations, and I will be looking for the last two on my prop shaft. Thanks for doing this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all, I just followed the instructions on the video, and was able to find the remaining two grease zirks on my G4 prop shaft. WITHOUT REMOVING MY SKID PLATES! Thanks again, and I am glad and mad for this forum. Glad because of all the information in here, and mad because of the money you all talked me into spending on my rig! But it sure looks, and operates much better than stock. Just a couple more mods to go!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts