Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Went for a short ride, paved streets, last night. Maybe 1 1/2, went into limp mode 3 times. Called my dealership today. They recommend changing the belt, machine is only 2 months old so not sure how the belt could be bad. I’ll switch it in the next couple days and keep you updated if it fixes it.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
at least call and talk with Terry Gilomen...like me...he'll tell you its the over sensitive Misfire Detection.

The Misfire Detection is in every ECU since mid-2017. And Polaris did a recall to give it to those of us with 2016 and early 2017 Generals.

I'm thinking the ECU programming to de-sensitize the Misfire Detection is $220. That's not much more than a new belt.

I'll just about bet money there's nothing wrong with the belt.

Pirate

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I figured if nothing else I would have an extra belt which I needed to have anyway lol I’ll let you know

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I've always carried an extra belt. Only needed it twice. When the water got a bit deep. Second in my RZR 800 going 50 mph and the belt musta got too hot and simply exploded!

Coupla changes.
Cut the head off the 1lb dead blow hammer to leave the handle 9 1/4" long.
Got ride of the piece of 2x2, Hammer handle works great.
The burgundy scotch brite it to clean up the faces of the sheaves where the belt rides. Just cleanup, don't get carried away.
The gear tie is to go around the bed frame and hold the Secondary cooling air to the CVT up out of the way.

Used the kit once, to change belts at the request of DuraClutch while figuring out the Misfire Detection/belt slipping issue.

So there ya go...spend more money!!
Pirate

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well I guess the dealer knew what they were talking about, who knew? Upon removing the old belt there was a 6” place that I had glazed the belt. Installing the new belt has completely fixed the problem, no codes, no limp mode.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts