Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy gang,
Wanting to upgrade my 2018 General 1000 deluxe Ride Command to a 4 seater. Not sure if prices are at a point where I should just trade it in, or look for a private sale...

That being said, I was curious what you guys think my general may be worth or what a dealer would offer on trade.

2018 General Deluxe 1000 - 300 miles
28x10-14 Bighorn Radials (have stock wheels and tires as well)
XP flares
LED Bar and headlights
Polaris front windshield
aftermarket rear and side windows.
Glacier removable plow

Constructive guesses are welcome! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think Jimmykins is pretty close on the price. I was going to say $16-$17 K on a private sale, but dealers will cut your throat on trade in. I’d bet trade will be in the $12K range. For what it’s worth, my wife and I bought our 2020 deluxe from Abernathy’s in June, and was originally going to trade in her 2013 Yamaha Grizzly 550 EPS. It was immaculate with 200 miles on it, never in the mud and kept inside all of it’s life. They wouldn’t even quote me a value on trade because they said it would just make me mad, but the sales rep said it would be under $3000. We went ahead and bought the General and sold the Grizzly to the first person that looked at it private sale for $5100. Dealers always seem to be brutal on trade in values.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I would say ask $17000 with the options you have and the condition it's in but go no lower than the KBB value below.

DEFINITELY DON"T TRADE IN. It will sell!

This is what KBB states:

Trade-In ($11650) Depending on the dealer you might get $12500. Remember the the dealer could shuffle numbers around and offer you something like $14000 to try and trick you into thinking it's a good deal only to be screwed over somewhere else in the deal.

Private Party ($15570)

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Nice looking unit and clean!
Does it have a heater in it too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts