Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a ton on here and have all the switches, Fuse block, Relay's and LED's (12"and 14", amazon). Now since I am using a relay, where do I fuse it? I have the Blue Sea Fuse Block (2 of them) so plenty of spots.

2 Questions

1. Where do I fuse this? From ignition power to dash switch or from main power to relay (or out of relay)? or both?

2. Instead of running a ground would there be any issue with grounding the LED's to a roll cage (or bumper in front) bolt? If i used diaelectric grease and made sure it was solid of course)?

Plan to use the ignition + on under the hood for the Switch and the Big Positive (winch hookup) under the hood to wire to the relay to lights.

Blue General

Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When wiring you always have to understand good power connections and good ground. Everyone usually skips on the good grounds cause the mating surface should be cleaned and scrapped then causing rust. We all don't want that on a a new unit. The best is to use 2 wire double insulated wiring, it's clean and easy to work with and run the ground to ur battery or a ground relocation spot. Now ur relay controlled lights understand the LEDs are low on amperage draw and really don't need a relay unless ur controlling lots of them. I would also tie into the ignition power for the switch side cause it takes little to no power to activate a relay. Now if your still going to be putting in a relay and fuses try to always if possible use the switch grounding circuit to control the relay (less power wiring run). So your going to be in order of wiring power B+ - fuse - b+ on switch - output ground on switch to control side of relay either pin 86 or 85 then the other one to a good ground ( battery). Then on b+ - fuse - then wire to the terminal 30 on the relay then wire 87 to you light bar. Use the light bar ground and switch ground connections together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts