Polaris General Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,116 Posts
It's a clean and functional install. I like it![/QUOTE]

I agree and think I will use the idea and put mine in same location. >:)
Just need to decide on a bottle had already planed on about same location as you but I think I want a little bigger bottle!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I agree, a bigger bottle would be good.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I pulled three from dif. Escapes and found all three corroded from the road salt here in Michigan so I just got the cover and wire harness and got a new one from car quest parts store was only 35.00 and it has a warranty! Part number 40-2044 . As far as tools you need a flat blade screw driver A 10mm wrench or socket a #25 female torx and I think its a 20mm for the nut will check today and know for sure later today! but I think that is correct /forum/images/PolarisGeneralForum/smilies/tango_face_devil.png
Where did you find that motor for $35.00?

·
Super Moderator
4,116 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not been able to do mine yet. Got my new wiper motor and it didn't come with the main nut and the used wiper I got didn't have one either ended up ordering one from ford dealer $13 for that little bugger. should have it wed.
Do you know the size of the nut? I'm thinking m18x1.I was cleaning corrosion from the threads and it locked up. I had to cut the nut off to prevent more damage to the threads don't have one and don't want to pay $13

·
Registered
28 Posts
Will this work with the poly windshields?
I know i would have to drill holes thru it but hoping it will still be ok. Also you cant find the motor for $35 anymore

·
Super Moderator
4,116 Posts
Do you know the size of the nut? I'm thinking m18x1.I was cleaning corrosion from the threads and it locked up. I had to cut the nut off to prevent more damage to the threads don't have one and don't want to pay $13
Don't know the size just ordered it and put it on didn't look Sorry! :frown2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
The nut is a M18 x 1. I searched everywhere in my area and could not find one to buy. But I did get one from a friend who has everything. AutoZone has a remanufactured motor for $46 but it doesn't come with anything else not even the nut.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally done with mine, isteaded of making brackets, tapped and installed studs to hold motor. Parks on passenger side, washer system all working installed sprayer in hood, used three position rocker, up is wiper, middle off, down is washer and wiper, installed diode between the washer and wiper circuits.
Hi BMR, can you elaborate on your use of the diode between washer and wiper circuits please? Is it to prevent reverse current when switch is deactivated?

Thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Finally done with mine, isteaded of making brackets, tapped and installed studs to hold motor. Parks on passenger side, washer system all working installed sprayer in hood, used three position rocker, up is wiper, middle off, down is washer and wiper, installed diode between the washer and wiper circuits.
Have you got a link to that wiper washer switch?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hello AK-Rider, awesome install! Would you have gone with a different wiper arm? Thanks!
Sure, if I could have found one I didn't have to modify. But I'm not sure that actually exists. As it is, my modified unit works perfectly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
After reading everyone’s threads on the ford escape wiper i finally finished mine today. Still waiting on my new wiper arm. Had to cut it off since it was seized on

30 dollars for a wiper motor at the local junk yard sure beats the price of a polaris one. Seems like it’ll work well and fits nice and snug between my rear view mirror and my windshield ??

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
After reading everyone’s threads on the ford escape wiper i finally finished mine today. Still waiting on my new wiper arm. Had to cut it off since it was seized on

30 dollars for a wiper motor at the local junk yard sure beats the price of a polaris one. Seems like it’ll work well and fits nice and snug between my rear view mirror and my windshield ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've read all 4 pages of this thread. I'm new to this forum but thought I'd tell everyone what I have done and am about to do. I got pretty much all of my ideas from this and other forums. This first thing doesn't have anything to do with this topic but thought I'd mention it in passing. I've moved my radiator from the front to behind the back window utilizing a Wild Boar radiator relocating kit. That's all I'll say about that. For the wiper project I am having to do mine a little different as I have a different windshield than the two who showed all the pictures. I have the 1000 xp RZR and bought a flip up windshield from Side by Side stuff. It has a piano hinge instead of 2 hinges like those shown. So what I plan to do is use a piece of 1/8" aluminum plate metal on each side of the windshield cut in approximately the same shape as those pictured with a thin sheet of neoprene between each piece of aluminum and the windshield just as a cushion. I will utilize the existing bolt holes in the motor assembly which I got at a wrecking yard off of a 2005 Ford Escape, like most everyone else on this forum. There's some ideas from all of you which I plan to use though not all of them. I bought a window washing kit off of Amazon which I have already mounted, except for the nozzles. I'm not exactly sure where I'll mount them yet but as with others, I won't mount them in the removable hood. My washer switch will be separate from the delay switch which I also bought off of Amazon. The only thing that I don't care for about it is that it only has a 3 second and a 6 second delay. Nothing in between. Because I moved my radiator, I have lots of room up front so I mounted my washer reservoir up front which made having enough hose a moot point. I'll have 6' of hose left over. It'll end up costing me more than most of the rest of you but not a lot more. I figure I'll have about $285 invested in everything. Compared to the price of a Polaris wiper/washer system, that's about half the cost. And it'll be a labor of love. I don't have any rear view mirrors to get in the way, as I have mounted a rear camera with a monitor in the cab. And no sound system. Machine is way too loud for that even though I still have my stock exhaust. If I can figure out how to post pictures on this forum once I get it all done, maybe I can do that. But I know it'll take way more than an afternoon.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I did the Ford wiper motor on the new XP4. It travels about 170* so it's little short of a full sweep but it's much better than the factory unit.

Got a reman unit from NAPA. Still looking for a cover for inside but it sits behind the mirror so it's not really noticeable anyway.

Wish I could (actually the dealer) figure out how to do intermittent and dual speed. But it's still so much better than the factory.

laters,
marlon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you find out what size nut it needs? I need the nut and I'm good to go.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
I did the escape wiper also. There were a few questions on switch. I got mine form OTR switch guys. I called and talked with them. They hooked me up with a wiper/washer switch. Push on for wiper, push and hold for wiper/washer it also has a leg for constant hot parking the blade. Used this 62-70 Chevy Windshield Washer Jar Bottle (ebay) for under the hood with no cutting to fit. It is smaller. but is easy to get to under the hood.

muz

Attachments

61 - 79 of 79 Posts