Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone find an actual reservoir kit that will fit under the general hood? My buddy has a canam and the fluid comes right out the wiper nice Idea. Any Ideas on this one?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Washer reservoir

This one works great. Look around by the part number, you can find it for a lower price than what Polaris wants for it.
Thanks I was at the dealer picking up my new XP and ask about it, they want $85.00 for the bottle only He didn't even know if it came with the motor on it so I said the **** with it. I can buy the whole kit on line for less than $25 but the dam thing won't fit under the hood.So I was asking if anyone came across one. Thanks

·
Registered
2021 General 4 XP Ride Command
275 Posts
The reservoir does come with the motor on it, but I agree not worth $85.00. I looked around and found mine for around $45.00. I was willing to bite the bullet for that price, as it fits perfectly under the hood.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reservoir does come with the motor on it, but I agree not worth $85.00. I looked around and found mine for around $45.00. I was willing to bite the bullet for that price, as it fits perfectly under the hood.
thanks, yea up here it is $85 hard to justify it . I had one in my 2020 but I had to mount it in behind the dash. I probably will do it again. Here is a pic I took before I sold the bike not a great view but it dose work. Just have to pull the square box out when I want to fill it. I have no ride command so was easy to fill.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020XP4
2,350 Posts
I bought one that was a full 1 gallon on eBay. I couldn't imagine running a smaller one. It did not fit under the hood, but it did fit behind the glovebox (no heat no sub). I cut a hole under the hood and the filler cap just stuck out. Then I used a piece of inner tube to make a flap that covered the hole. I don't have pictures of the install, and I sold that machine. I also ran the hose up the passenger A pillar then mounted my nozzles to the corners of the cage. They sprayed at an angle from each upper corner onto the windshield. It was a really nice setup. Summer months I ran straight water in the reservoir. When I took the windshield out it made for a nice cooling spray on hot summer days.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General
128 Posts
Thanks I was at the dealer picking up my new XP and ask about it, they want $85.00 for the bottle only He didn't even know if it came with the motor on it so I said the **** with it. I can buy the whole kit on line for less than $25 but the dam thing won't fit under the hood.So I was asking if anyone came across one. Thanks
I had the same problem with my aftermarket kit. Someone else on the forum mentioned mounting it behind the cab, under the bed. This is what I did and it works great after several weeks of hard riding on trails. It stays clean of debris, protected by the box and does not interfere with the box opening/closing at all. Stays in-tact, I did make a small bracket to "help" support it from the bottom out of old aluminum scrap I had laying around. I fished the wires and tubing through the "tunnel". I had to buy some additional tubing because what came with the original kit was too short, but It pumps fine to my hood installed jets. Easy access to re-fill and out of sight completely.
Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Fluid Fender Automotive tire Gas Bumper
Fluid Gas Cable Electrical wiring Cylinder

·
Registered
2020XP4
2,350 Posts
I had the same problem with my aftermarket kit. Someone else on the forum mentioned mounting it behind the cab, under the bed. This is what I did and it works great after several weeks of hard riding on trails. It stays clean of debris, protected by the box and does not interfere with the box opening/closing at all. Stays in-tact, I did make a small bracket to "help" support it from the bottom out of old aluminum scrap I had laying around. I fished the wires and tubing through the "tunnel". I had to buy some additional tubing because what came with the original kit was too short, but It pumps fine to my hood installed jets. Easy access to re-fill and out of sight completely.
View attachment 79275 View attachment 79276 View attachment 79277 View attachment 79278
Awesome idea!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks great I still haven't decided on mine, in behind the dash worked great for me. But my 2023 I added an inferno heater and it sits right behind the pull out cubby hole so I can't do that now.one question does the bottle out back hinder getting that dam oil filter off.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General
128 Posts
Here you go, I changed my original sprayer to the Hyper Sonic ones, they come with several chamfered rubber washers that allow you to get about any angle you want and they have a "multi-spray" head which shoots out in 2-3 directions so you only really need one to cover the entire windshield. These pics were taken after a rainy week-end, muddy ride. The wiper/washer worked GREAT and I never had to stop and clean the windshield once.

The Hypersonic nozzles are from Amazon (you get 2, but I only needed 1).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MB7EXW6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The washer kit was also from Amazon and is a Kenimoto kit:

So, when I remove the dash, I simply pull the tubing off the nozzle which is mounted to the center of my dash. As for mounting the reservoir in the back, I used the "quick release" bracket supplied with the kit and put it on the back side of the recessed panel behind the passenger seat and I made a simple support bracket for the bottom to help stabalize it. It hasn't moved in several weeks of hard use. Stays intact and the fluid stays put, no problem pumping to the nozzle and it stays primed. Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hunted high and low for something that would fit but couldn't find anything.I mounted mine on the back under the dump box like some others did works good.Mounted the sprayers on the fenders as well work good after a bit of adjusting.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you like to fabricate things --here is a shot of a plexiglass washer tank I built for my XP2. Nice part is you can make it fit exactly where you want it to. I also used the Hypersonic fan jet spray nozzles and they work great. Also here is a short video of the project.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you like to fabricate things --here is a shot of a plexiglass washer tank I built for my XP2. Nice part is you can make it fit exactly where you want it to. I also used the Hypersonic fan jet spray nozzles and they work great. Also here is a short video of the project.
Oops--wrong link here it is.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts