Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install the wiper kit yet? How'd it go? Any slips, trips or falls to help out those who haven't tackled it yet? Still waiting on mine from the dealer.....

·
1,563 Posts
View attachment 2194
Yup. It's pretty straight forward. Which model do you have? Deluxe you need to cut out the stereo for the wiper body. If you look at my pic you will see a gap where it's cut out. I followed their instructions. Should have kept it back 1/2 " and fit it a little at a time for a better fit. That's just me I'm anal that way. :grin2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the deluxe so I guess I'll be doing some cutting as well. Where does the washer fluid resivour mount? Also how switches to the dash and wires to the bus bar?

·
1,563 Posts
View attachment 2202 . I cut notched the bracket for the resivoir to allow the winch power cables to get around the windshield washer bottle to the buss bar. I also installed a new buss bar behind the coolant resivoir for additional accessories. I took the battery cables to the new buss bar and made new 4ga jumpers to the Polaris buss bar. Wiring to the switches is straight forward with the factory wiring harness. You will notice a wire coming out of the harness for a dome light. Future part with headliner purchase I believe. I will post the pics you need or pm me and I'll email them. For some reason I can only post 1 pic at a time.

Reactions: Trapper

·
1,563 Posts
Your orange wire on your buss bar is ignition to turn on your relays. Don't stack to much on those 3 posts. I put all light bars on my new buss.

·
1,563 Posts
Made by Blue Sea. Local marine store.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Alaskan will you eventually have to remove some of your pictures as well as other people. You had mentioned that you can only have so many pictures. There is a lot of good info being put out there and some of the stuff you have done I might want to try myself like the wipers but it will be several months before I have the time or money being retired more time then money.

·
1,563 Posts
Alaskan will you eventually have to remove some of your pictures as well as other people. You had mentioned that you can only have so many pictures. There is a lot of good info being put out there and some of the stuff you have done I might want to try myself like the wipers but it will be several months before I have the time or money being retired more time then money.
I'm not going anywhere. Even if they are not on here I'll keep them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did anyone have any issues with the washer nozzle not seeming to be long enough to spray directly on the windshield? If I adjust it out far enough to reach the windshield then there is not enough sticking out inside the cab for the hose to hold on. I feeling like I'm missing something cause I haven't seen anyone having this issue.....

·
1,563 Posts
I plan on changing mine. There is a company that makes wiper systems for boats that has an extended (longer) nozzle. I installed them a long time ago. I will see if I can find the info. Yeah we got short sheeted on that one.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts