Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you to all for your comments and suggestions.

I just ordered the Wind Wings from SxS Windshields in Utah.

The owner has a General, so the fit shouldn't be an issue. I was also impressed with his (the owner's) openness and honesty when discussing his product. Wish Verizon, etc. could operate like that.
Sure I could have built them myself. But in my experience, unless a product just doesn't exist, it usually costs me more in the end to go the DIY route.

It will be awhile before I am riding again, but I will try to remember to post back here what my impressions of the product are after I have used it some.

Regards.

· Registered
278 Posts
very interested in these. Upper doors are way too costly for me right now and really think these would help with cutting the wind down while out on our xp4 w/ tracks.

Do you know if these will work with polaris cover for trailering(too much slush and salt here in maine).

and does anyone know if they offer a military discount?

Thank you

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is my initial review of the Wind Wings that I ordered the other day from SxS Windshields.

They arrived promptly in two days (Utah to Oregon).
Look sharp with the tinting and USA logo.
Installation took about 20 minutes once I figured out how I wanted to do it.
The kit comes with two different style of clamps, a traditional hose clamp and a black clamp that you put a bolt through. Initially, I tried to use the black clamps, but decided it was too much fiddling to get the bolt through the holes in the clamp, so I switched to the hose clamps. I have a fold down glass windshield but, I think, the black clamps would be the way to go on a fixed polycarbonate windshield as you could drill holes in the windshield and put the bolts through those holes. If you do this, you may need longer bolts (assuming installing on a Polaris General). The supplied bolts work, but it's tight getting them started.

Took the machine out for a quick ride down the road.
It is cold right now, so I couldn't test for how much of a difference they made or (since I was on a road) if they reduced dust.
I found that at about 15 mph there was a noticeable breeze blowing into the cab when the vent was angled for this. With signafantly more breeze at higher speeds. When I set the vent so it was not angled, "I think" there was less air blowing across my left (drivers side) shoulder and I would think it would be "a little" dryer in the cab in the rain/snow. The vents angle sufficiently so that you can even blow air onto the inside of the windshield if you want.

I guess if I was being picky, I would't like the hose clamps. But this isn't an issue for me.
When I haul the SxS on my truck, I have an American Flag windshield cover that will, undoubtedly take a little more fussing to install.....but this would be the case with any vent of this nature.

In conclusion, I like them. They look good and seem to function exactly as expected. And I look forward to trying them in warmer and/or dusty conditions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts