Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
How do you like Windrock? I have a tripped planned for the week before memorial day, any tips would be great. We will be camping in our motorhome there for a week.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bowen you will love it! So much to do and see. won't have enough time to do a 1/4 of it. The trails are really good. We are planning another trip back hopefully this summer but will see. Pick a few trails to try out and then go from there. So many and you can get overwhelmed. LOL. Camping there should be fun. I think its a 2 mile trail to get to the General Store and main trail head.

The mud pit I have the video of was the deepest I saw there. Nobody had been in it. Was kinda off to side of main trail we were on. More rocks and dirt than mud which is cool with me. Some soupy areas though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is on trail 21 before it gets a little crazy.. We had no idea where we were and it ended up being a Double Black Diamond.. LOL. First trail of the day!! Looked peaceful at his point. Glad I didn't scratch or damage the General. LOL phew

This is after we did the first decent right after the first picture. We went down this and I took a pic back up it. Pic doesn't do it justice. Was pretty steep and the crevice in the middle of the trail was deep. Once we kept going forward there was no way we could keep going due to steepness and boulders. LOL. Was crazy. Had to turn around and go right back up this. General handled well.

This is trail G1 headed to the top of mtn where windmills are. Green trail. Was long with plenty of shallow mud holes, rocks, and some challenging crossings. Good views also

Cool area to stop and take pics on G1

Crazy views at the top of G9. Not a challenging trail to get there really, but well worth the drive to see these views!

There are trails off this top area to try also

On the way back down G1

Going down Trail 2, a blue. Was pretty fun. We went down then came back up and went to 16, black diamond, and had fun on that one. Then back down trail 2 again bc was pretty fun. Was hauling ass up trail 2 and rode three wheels slinging through one of the banked curves. LOL. Was going about 30 mph up trail two and made the turn. Hit throttle to sling it around with my buddies standing at the top of the bank and front driver wheel was about 3ft off ground they said. Was a blast. General wanted more.

At the bottom of trail 2 relaxed and cross some streams

My buddies and random Ranger

·
1,563 Posts
Nice post! Thanks!
Now, how do you guys get to post so many pic's! Dang!

Reactions: rmk1000
1 - 13 of 13 Posts