Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here!

So I have had the same problem, red General and Polaris 4500 kit. I have not been able to connect the winch to main wiring harness (not power) and the toggle switch to the dash harness. So where are the connectors?

The answer is that you DO need additional wiring for winch to work. Dealer tells me that "Wiring connector is on backorder till mid May"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have been under the dash all afternoon trying to find the same thing! I literally have everything ready to go and am looking for the "connector from the main wiring harness", it's not there! Will call the dealer tomorrow and ask about this additional wiring.

Has anyone successfully completed this install with the Pro HD 4500 Winch?

·
Registered
3 Posts
winch installation

How did this get fixed? I have the same issue and am leaving in a week for a trip and need my new winch working.... please help

·
Super Moderator
2,885 Posts
The base model has no electrical provisions pre-installed, for a winch. You have to have a winch install kit, whether it be something you buy together, or piece it yourself. I installed a winch on mine from Tractor Supply, and used most of what came with it, but bought a different solenoid, and switch.

This thread has a wiring diagram in it...
Wire schematic for winch

·
Registered
2 Posts
MMX is right. I just installed 4500 pro winch. I found that i needed part no. 2882373, dash switch control harness.
I purchased a winch recently from harbor freight ( I know I'm cheap) and started installing it last night. Does anyone know if part # 2882373 will connect to off brand not Polaris winches? I want to hook this winch up to a switch that looks the same as the other switches on my dash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts