Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my deluxe tomorrow and thinking about running 30's instead of 28's. Do I need lift, clutch kit, will they rub without forward arms ect? Not new to mods just to the General.

·
Registered
219 Posts
This is just coming from what I've read and about 5 hours in the seat of the general but no mods to fit 30's and the low on the general is very low so I don't think you'll need a clutch kit w any 30" tire on the market. Clutch kit will come in handy as far as belt life goes but def don't need one to spin them efficiently

·
Super Moderator
4,060 Posts
I like the look of the bead lock wheels will be getting a set but going to wait till my stocks need to be replaced!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks, wasn't sure if the S3 lift fit the base model because it looks like they use a spacer for the Fox shocks in the rear. I want the Foward arms too, but cant quite justify the cost just yet!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I planned on going with the s3 lift but I also have a base and you have to turn the front shocks upside down to run their a arms. I don't know if the highlifter stuff fits the base general. I will call and find out but if it does I plan to run their forward a arms and 4" lift and rear raked a arms. All that comes out to $1080 plus tax and shipping. Wanting to see if people are having to upgrade axles before I purchase though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brought it home from the dealer with 30's to see if I could get used to the "Tonka" look without a lift. Yeah nope. Ordered some Tusk Terrabyte in 28in mounted on STI HD5 wheels. Have yet to mount them, just waiting for the bead lock rings to get back from powder coating.

·
Super Moderator
4,060 Posts
Looking forward to a pic when you get them!

·
Super Moderator
4,060 Posts
I like the look of the bead locks done in orange blends well with the general!! :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
4,060 Posts
Yea cant wait till my stock tires wear out so I can get me a set! :grin2:

1 - 20 of 169 Posts