Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since super atv discontinued their rev 1 handheld tuner i am looking into buying the aftermarket assassins handheld tuner.. im wondering who all has it and what they think of it.. im looking into knowing as much about the product as possible before spending the money on it... id go with the Gilomen flash but i want the held tuner to check and clear possible engine codes.. so if anyone here has the AA tune please give me a in depth review on it

·
Registered
2016 Deluxe
6 Posts
Since super atv discontinued their rev 1 handheld tuner i am looking into buying the aftermarket assassins handheld tuner.. im wondering who all has it and what they think of it.. im looking into knowing as much about the product as possible before spending the money on it... id go with the Gilomen flash but i want the held tuner to check and clear possible engine codes.. so if anyone here has the AA tune please give me a in depth review on it
I have AA tune, and I’m very happy with it. They are very good to work with, very fast turn around. i called them and they walked me through how to download my stock tune and just emailed it to them. They wrote my custom tune and emailed it back to me download in machine and done. It’s been in machine for probably 4 years without one issue or code or anything. Really woke the machine up.

·
Registered
2020 G4
43 Posts
Bought my dynojet and ran the dynojet tune for about 6 months then bought the AA tune. Theres more difference between the dynojet and AA than stock to dynojet. Way more hp!
Put a duraclutch on and started going into limp mode all the time because the hypersensitive misfire codes. AA wrote me a new tune to delete all that for free. No more limp mode or false misfire codes going off. Been a great little unit, I only use a few functions it offers. But the ability to change tunes in a few minutes i feel is much more bang for your much than a ecu tune.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought my dynojet and ran the dynojet tune for about 6 months then bought the AA tune. Theres more difference between the dynojet and AA than stock to dynojet. Way more hp!
Put a duraclutch on and started going into limp mode all the time because the hypersensitive misfire codes. AA wrote me a new tune to delete all that for free. No more limp mode or false misfire codes going off. Been a great little unit, I only use a few functions it offers. But the ability to change tunes in a few minutes i feel is much more bang for your much than a ecu tune.
Awesome im in the middle of working out a custom tune with them right now im going to have the misfire detection deleted and also have the throttle tables changed for a direct 1 to 1 lock in high and low.. but reverse will be left stock.. fricken reverse chain doesnt need extra stress

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please explain for us that don't know what 1 to 1 lock in high and low is.
For throttle mapping most throttles are not 1 to 1 so that means when you push your pedal 10 percent the throttle blade doesnt actually open 10 percent so that way if you punch the pedal to the floor 100 percent the throttle blade at engine may only open 80 percent there for you dont spin as hard or have jerky movement when trying to crawl slowly over rough terrain.. but i dont do much slow or crawling so i want my throttle to be as sporty feeling as possible..

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And
Please explain for us that don't know what 1 to 1 lock in high and low is.
AA's base tune only does this throttle lock in high unless u ask for a change.. they do it that way so people who crawl or do technical stuff do not get caught off gaurd by an extremely touchy throttle response.. they also do not include missfire detection delete unless u ask for it Because our machines have a converter if they missfire and a guy continues to drive it.. the raw fuel going into that burning hot converter could cause a fire or melt the converter cause plugged off exhaust... but if someone is smart enough they would tilt the box and unplug the injector for the missfiring cylinder just to limp it out of the trail

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So ive went and used it for some yard work. Not driving hard.. but right away its way different its running way cooler taking 2 times as long to get to 195 where the fan kicks in. Throttle response is so clean and crisp.. of coarse i had no need to actually giver the beans while hauling trees and leaves and dirt but i can already tell its different in a very good way. It starts in like 2 revolutions of the the engine when hitting the starter maybe even less haha so fast! Low range is still completely usable to crawl and creep with my 1:1 throttle but definitely a ton more responsive. I only tried high range coming around the block on the street but its going to be a whole new animal in high also.. and of coarse my reverse was left stock per my request..

·
Registered
2021 general 1000 XP deluxe
15 Posts
So ive went and used it for some yard work. Not driving hard.. but right away its way different its running way cooler taking 2 times as long to get to 195 where the fan kicks in. Throttle response is so clean and crisp.. of coarse i had no need to actually giver the beans while hauling trees and leaves and dirt but i can already tell its different in a very good way. It starts in like 2 revolutions of the the engine when hitting the starter maybe even less haha so fast! Low range is still completely usable to crawl and creep with my 1:1 throttle but definitely a ton more responsive. I only tried high range coming around the block on the street but its going to be a whole new animal in high also.. and of coarse my reverse was left stock per my request..
I'm new to all this tune stuff, I was going to get a Gilomen tune but this AA tune sounds a lot easier, one question which product did you buy, I ask because there are several for the general 1000 XP. Also when you ordered it did you do that on the computer or phone them, i ask because there is nowhere to put that info like "your tune" in online.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts