Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see lots of companies releasing new machines, BRP just released the new commander, Kawasaki has new stuff, Yamaha hits big with the new wolverine r max so when is Polaris set to replace the aging General ?

·
Registered
2020 XP
91 Posts
I’m not sure I personally would consider the General as “aging” but last years release of the XP line up was a major update

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,083 Posts
Everyone else has modeled theirs after the General. Polaris must be on to something. I'd like to see a Dynamics version. I think a true 4wd system needs to be implemented as well. They need to improve the bed frame also.

·
Registered
21 General XP Pursuit ED 2 loaded with everything but upper doors
127 Posts
I would like to see a northstar edition for the general in the XP that would save us all the headaches of putting in a heater and upper doors

·
Registered
690 Posts
I love the style of the General only thing I would like to see is more suspension travel, honestly I would own a RZR if I were not 6’4” and 270# every time I think I want one I just get in one and that urge goes away. My best friend just picked up a new Can Am XXc the other day I got in it and it had less room than the RZR I felt like a sardine in a can. The only sport machine that I fit in comfortably is the KRX in couple years when it’s time to replace my 2018 I am sure there will be several options that do not exist now.

·
Registered
2020 XP
91 Posts
Not to sound like a broken record but the XP has the suspension your looking for in the General

·
Registered
444 Posts
I say leave good enough alone. We see what Polaris did with the new rzr.
Whats wrong with the new rzr? I think the new trail versions look pretty good a lot of people do choppes and custom cages and it looks like polaris took note of that and made their new cage look a little better in my opinion

·
Registered
690 Posts
I know it’s good at 14” but wood really like something closer to 17-18”, the utility aspect of the General for me really means nothing I primarily have the General because of the room in the cab.

·
Registered
2017 General 4
316 Posts
I attended the Big Meat Run(BMR) in Disney, OK last weekend and chatted with a guy who stated the 2022 General will be a complete re-design. Not sure if he had insider info or not. He was driving a 2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP that was customized to the max. 4 seater with a military tan body wrap with 39'' tires and portals. It was a bad ass machine. I thought I read on here that polaris does a re-design about every 6 years which would make sense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts