Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at 15" wheels with 30" tires and wanted to know the best place to search for different options. I like the polaris hexlr wheels but an not 100% sold. I appreciate the help.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
3,174 Posts
There's a lot of places carrying UTV wheels. I have googled utv wheels, and get a ton of places to look. Most utv sites have wheels, but you can also check out Discount tire, and even Summit has them.

I know what I want, just got to get up the funds. Vision 551 wheels, and Tusk Terrabite tires.

·
Super Moderator
3,174 Posts
Those Terrabite tires are cute for street tires, but where I ride you would be stuck before you got outta site of camp!
I avoid mud like the plague, which is probably odd for somebody in the south, but I just don't see the attraction. I'd rather trail ride, whether it be slow or fast, and some crawling mixed in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rocky Mountain Atv and Pure Off-road are where I always shop, both have great shipping and some of the best prices. On Rocky, make sure and read everything as my wheels and tires didn't come mounted.

@MMX- I finally got me some Terra bites and love them. I find myself not messing with much mud either and like the way these tires ride on the trails so far!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Be aware that Rocky Mountain ATV has changed their business model in the last year or so. They are no longer the lowest priced place to buy from. We have five ATVs/UTVs in the garage, so I have bought three sets of tires and two sets of wheels in the last year. Rocky Mountain ATV came in 4th place out of five places that I compared price at, for each set of tires/wheels that I bought. They missed the lowest price by over a hundred dollars on two sets of tires.

If you are not into riding mud I would suggest ITP Ultracross R-Spec 30x10x15 tires, mounted on STI 15x7 beadlock wheels. When they are pushed to their absolute limits traction is far better than other commonly used tires, such as Maxxis Bighorns. The Bighorns tend to get floaty feeling and can develop a case of the wanders at high speed. The Ultracross R-Spec tires retain their precise handling, and they are super tough. I run them on my Rzr XP Turbo that is used for desert racing.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Can one run the 30/10/14 tires on a 15 General Deluxe without lift or anything?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Should be on a 17 General.
Just wondering what size to go if i get another set for all around tires. Don't know if i should go 30'' or 28''.

·
Super Moderator
3,174 Posts
There's quite a few guys running 30s with no lift. You don't want to get crazy with the offset on your wheels though. The more they stick out, the more likely you are to rub.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've been looking at the Pro-Armor Crawler a bit. It was recommended at the shop where I ride a lot. Said they would still handle the deep mud, but I fear it would be the same as the Ultracross. I try to avoid nasty mud for the most part, but we have some bad ruts on a lot of trails around here. Anyone have any experience in muddy situations with either or these tires or something similar?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I ended up with Machete 15's with 30" motohammer from KJ Motorsports. Very happy with the look but had not been on a ride yet.
Did it make your stance any wider or still stock width? That is a concern too for us.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Reactions: Trapper
1 - 19 of 19 Posts