Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
More leverage on them. They will wear twice as fast, have them on my race rzr for stability and it chews through them. Same with negetive offset wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More leverage on them. They will wear twice as fast, have them on my race rzr for stability and it chews through them. Same with negetive offset wheels

WTF!!! Lol so basically even if I spent the 500 and did right with offset wheels I'd have the same result. AWESOME!!! Lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check out ZRP billet hubs. They are a lot lighter and available in a few different offsets. I was looking into them to reduce rotating mass with larger/heavier tires. Bit pricey but offer multiple benefits. Not sure about excess bearing wear.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I cant speak for rzr or generals but in 4x4 trucks spacers or offset wheels are a lot harder on unit bearing hubs and ball joints and the general has unit bearing type hubs and already somewhat weak ball joints so you can take it for what its worth. just check the suspension a bit more and you will know if the stance your after will be worth the extra service you will do.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Spacers and offset wheels are harder on bearings whether it's a rzr, general, Honda 300 or a truck. But so is riding your rig hard and so is big tires. I'm gonna put on bigger tires and ride mine hard so I know I'll have to replace bearings and seals regularly. Just part of the game we play. Been swapping out bearings and ball joints for many years. Good set of snap ring pliers and a press and you should be set.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Who here has run billet wheel spacers before? Any issues come from doing so? Potential long term problems?

I just run the BONOSS wheel spacers, no issues for my car, try them, I think they are perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts