Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Polaris General XP1000
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a set of kmc grenade beadlocks and bf goodrich km3’s today. Later found out that the wheels don’t include valve stems. Is there a certain valve stem I should be looking for can I just get some off Amazon?

·
Registered
189 Posts
PLEASE don't buy 20 cent valve stems from Amazon! A faulty valve stem can cost you a $300 tire, and a lot of headache. Just go down to a local tire dealer and get a SHORT rubber stem. Brass stems can more easily be broken off by a rock or limb. Rubber will just bend, and pop back. Most tire stores buy either Dill or Schrader tire supplies, or such quality. And they are NEVER defective or cheap. And they should be under a buck a copy. They make two different diameter holes in wheels, so take your wheel down with you.

·
Registered
410 Posts
PLEASE don't buy 20 cent valve stems from Amazon! A faulty valve stem can cost you a $300 tire, and a lot of headache. Just go down to a local tire dealer and get a SHORT rubber stem. Brass stems can more easily be broken off by a rock or limb. Rubber will just bend, and pop back. Most tire stores buy either Dill or Schrader tire supplies, or such quality. And they are NEVER defective or cheap. And they should be under a buck a copy. They make two different diameter holes in wheels, so take your wheel down with you.
Our shrader ones only cost us 47cents a piece wholesale for the standerd short rubber stems.. so id say if amazon is selling stems for 20cents its probably same quality since they in fact are selling things cheaper than 90% of stores out there. But i do agree! Do not put on hard metal/brass ones they will break off. Us rubber ones

·
Registered
2020 Polaris General XP1000
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Ended up getting these ones off Amazon , they weren’t the cheapest so hopefully they will be good. I’ll also ask the tire shop tomorrow when I pick up the tires and wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts