Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a big group on the forum from all over maybe if we start a thread of problems and solutions. If we put everything in one place it will make it easier for the problem solvers at Polaris to find it. Or for us to find it. I know the Alaskan would fill several pages.>:)

I will start out by saying. I bought my General because it had a lot of optional equipment available. I ordered and paid for upper door glass I was told it would be here before spring. My wife has Raynouds syndrome it stops circulation in your hands and feet and you get cold very quickly. I paid for the heater and windows so she could ride with me and I have had my General since mid February and she has not been able to ride yet.:frown2: Polaris needs to get on the ball and get these parts out and machines to all the people waiting.:(

·
Registered
162 Posts
i agree good forum,but i dont think polaris gives a **** about us:confused:they know they got the best ride and most people just ride once in a while and will pay the dealer whatever they want to fix it:(even though it is a manufacture, issue:frown2:my ranger 900 had dirt going by the aircleaner from day one and they would not warranty it:confused:after 6 months my dealer got them to gift me an aircleaner!!!not warranty it????fixed the prob but still sucked dirt for a 1000 miles.maybe if enough of us post they will listen:wink2:

·
1,563 Posts
I encourage everyone to fill out the online survey they send out and fill in the spaces they let you expand on. I just got a dealer survey in today that they sent and it has to be mailed back. I will be including an extra letter. I will be firm about the deficiencies but respectful.
I think Polaris knows about its problems. Takes a big man to be humble and and admit mistakes. There is a board of directors that doesn't want to hurt their bottom line and lose a sale. There are people on this forum now that are waiting in the wings for fixes or answers to some of the issues. Might make a sale if they would man up and let everyone know that things wrong would be corrected.
I believe they nailed it with this model. And I believe it can be a great machine. I wouldn't have thought that we would have to do it for them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think the idea of a problems and solutions thread is an awesome idea. I currently use the search function when I know what I want more information on but it would be nice to have a thread that we can scroll through.

If I had it to do over again I would still buy the deluxe, love it, but I would be on this website everyday for a month learning as much as I could so when I purchased and picked up my sxs I would be able to check all the things that others have experienced or found wrong. Many have found things that an experienced person like myself could never find.

I agree with Alaskan47 that if enough noise is made Polaris will be forced to at least address some of the more glaring problems.

Taking my nephew out this weekend. I don't think he has slept much since I showed him my machine and told him we were going out with it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I encourage everyone to fill out the online survey they send out and fill in the spaces they let you expand on. I just got a dealer survey in today that they sent and it has to be mailed back. I will be including an extra letter. I will be firm about the deficiencies but respectful.
I think Polaris knows about its problems. Takes a big man to be humble and and admit mistakes. There is a board of directors that doesn't want to hurt their bottom line and lose a sale. There are people on this forum now that are waiting in the wings for fixes or answers to some of the issues. Might make a sale if they would man up and let everyone know that things wrong would be corrected.
I believe they nailed it with this model. And I believe it can be a great machine. I wouldn't have thought that we would have to do it for them.
Exactly bear, I am one of those waiting to see what they do or fix. That will determine if I buy one or not.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am one who is waiting I wonder if some of the issues are dealer caused problems? Even if they are I guess in the end it is all Polaris. Still Waiting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My speedometer is not working. Dealer replaced speed sensor and did not fix it. They have ordered a new guage cluster for it but it is going to take a month to get it. Its no big deal, I really dont need the speedometer to ride so I can wait. The drivers side door will not stay shut. I will have them check that when I take it in for guage cluster. I really like this machine. It does everything that I want it to do and does it very well. I just get really aggravated when I pay this much and have these type of issues. These things cost as much as some small cars do and I really feel that quality control is a big issue. If a car company had these kind of issues they would be out of business. It really is a great machine and i would buy another one tommorow just seems you cant buy anything these days without having issues. Also there is a floor drain plug between the skid and floor rattling around. Guess they dropped it in there and instead of getting it out they just put another one in and left that one there.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The door issue is an easy fix! My passenger door would not stay latched either. Problem was that the linkage between the outer door handle and the latch was bound up and would not let the handle return spring pull it back. Took the inner door panel off and put a couple washers between the latch and where it bolts to the door frame. Works like butter now??

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have had two surveys one on line and I filled out the first 4 pages then they said thanks but you do not qualify.:crying: I had one by phone they asked how long I owned it (month) and how many miles were on it (25) they said thanks you do not qualify for the survey.:frown2: Maybe I will get one someday but for now I will bitch>:)>:) on here.:smile2:

·
Registered
263 Posts
The door issue is an easy fix! My passenger door would not stay latched either. Problem was that the linkage between the outer door handle and the latch was bound up and would not let the handle return spring pull it back. Took the inner door panel off and put a couple washers between the latch and where it bolts to the door frame. Works like butter now����
I think Alaskan47 posted a link to a Polaris video telling the techs how do do this when then set up the machine. I agree not a hard fix but I VERY MUCH agree that Polaris and their dealer network needs to do a better job on quality control. I shouldn't have to adjust things that should have been done at the dealer when they did their PDI.

My drivers door popped opened and wouldn't latch. They totally screwed up when the put the sound bar on, leaving the metal plate there and ended up making new holes because the couldn't get the screws to thread through both the metal piece.

My front diff was not empty but about 4 oz low. Thanks Alaskan47 and everyone else for creating an awareness of the issues. I never would have checked my front diff so soon after buying a new machine otherwise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts