Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like my heater, wiper and washer switch to be lighted at night. Do I need to buy new switches?

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Yes the switches need to be made with lights in them if your switches do not then yes you will need new switches!

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
No they are not plug and play but are real easy to wire a good switch will come with diagram! if not you can count number of terminals on switch and ask here or goggle it!

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
42 Posts
Switch wiring is fairly simple, now that I have done it many times. All of my Mictuning switches are the same and the back pin tab outs are numbered. 8 & 7 are grounds for the switch lights, these can be jumpered so a single wire can be run to ground post. 2 connects to a fused power source. In my case a blue seas panel. 3 is the positive/power wire for whatever you are turning on. 6 is connected to a power source that is only on when the key is on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Switch wiring is fairly simple, now that I have done it many times. All of my Mictuning switches are the same and the back pin tab outs are numbered. 8 & 7 are grounds for the switch lights, these can be jumpered so a single wire can be run to ground post. 2 connects to a fused power source. In my case a blue seas panel. 3 is the positive/power wire for whatever you are turning on. 6 is connected to a power source that is only on when the key is on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Same one I have

·
Registered
264 Posts
I switched my winch switch so it matches the rest of my aftermarket switches. I left the lights and four wheel drive alone since they are on the other side of the dash.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ok guys, what is the trick to getting that panel out of there to put new switches in? I went out and looked at it today but I don't like reefing on something unless I know what is behind it I guess! Does the box thing above it pull out, or does it make it any easier to get the switch panel off? If somebody can give me some pointers on how to do this I would appreciate it very much!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well I got the light bar all mounted and hooked up and was tring to go from the cheap 3 prong switch to a Mictuning Laser LED Light bar rocker switch with 5 prongs and apparently I didn't hook it up correctly!!! Now I went back to the cheap switch and no light, and my little blue laser light that goes in the console don't work either. Any ideas guys what I did?

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Sounds like you blew a fuse under the hood in the center top edge under windshield (if you have one) but same location is a black ovel shaped box like with a plug with two wires in it and a blue bottom unplug that and there is a fuse in it check that!

Reactions: Trapper
1 - 20 of 46 Posts