Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a little background on myself and my riding I know everyone here is different and the terrain they ride! I live in upstate NY so buggy weather is very limited unless you have tracks....I enjoy my old dog sleds for winter time....I’ve had 3 rzr’s from 2 seater to 4 seater.....I love my general for the utility purpose and trail friendly purpose....I’m 43 I like low and slow and enjoying the scenery more now...I always call my general a buggy...not a sxs....or other names 😂 when I say yup gonna take the buggy for a rip I get a what?😂 just curious what you guys and gals name the “hobby”

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 2 seat Deluxe
48 Posts
General Flynn...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I call it the general because the only motorized units that should get names are drag cars and boats, everything else is what it is

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
I call mine "the General" because if I called it anything else, it could be mistaken for one of my two Honda quads, my Jeep Wrangler, my riding lawn mower, one of my two farm tractors, or my Case backhoe. Just too much stuff to get fancy with the names.

·
Registered
2021 XP General Military Tan
50 Posts
I don't understand why someone has not called it a "bike" yet !! The first time I heard someone say that I just wondered how they got "bike" from something with 4 wheels and a steering wheel. I think most of them are just trolling to get a response or they are just "special" LOL

·
Registered
317 Posts
“the General” is how we refer to ours. Not very original but don’t want to give it any delusions of grandeur. It’s job is to work in the winter and get dirty in the summer :)

Agree that calling a side by side or UTV (I sometimes use either to describe its vehicle type) as a “bike” or “car” seems strange. I could maybe get behind buggy a little more.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
We have called our last two the General.
Wonder too why some say bike or car. I guess they paid for it and can call it whatever they like.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ours is a 2019 G2 Ride Command which is Pearl Black in Color. The Queen of Finance said we should name it ”Miss Pearl “ we had a Gold Lettering Decal made and placed it on the Tailgate.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts