Polaris General Forum banner

1881 - 1900 of 1909 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Going to try to post pics for all the money you folks here made me spend!😂

Last week was the SATV 1.5” forward A arms, and then yesterday Tusk Tetons @ 5/2, and 30-10-14 Terrabites, 8 ply. But since December, Boss poly plow, complete fluids, Hunter round pucks, and belt, side, and rear view mirrors, angel eye headlights, roof light, 2 rear lights for plowing, windshield wiper, and I am sure I am forgetting a couple more small items!
Going to do the Gilomen ECU upgrade, and possibly some clutch work, depending on what Terry tells me I might need. Found out he is only 25 miles away from me, and will go and see him to talk face to face!😂

Anyone interested in a perfect set of front stock A arms? Contact me here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Went to the bike shop and got my roof and installed it. It came with a foam seal but nowhere in the instructions does it say where it goes so I didn't use it. Can't believe I paid $300 for that chintzy thing. They really broke it off in me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
View attachment 65996
View attachment 65997
View attachment 65998
Last week was the SATV 1.5” forward A arms, and then yesterday Tusk Tetons @ 5/2, and 30-10-14 Terrabites, 8 ply. But since December, Boss poly plow, complete fluids, Hunter round pucks, and belt, side, and rear view mirrors, angel eye headlights, roof light, 2 rear lights for plowing, windshield wiper, and I am sure I am forgetting a couple more small items!
Going to do the Gilomen ECU upgrade, and possibly some clutch work, depending on what Terry tells me I might need. Found out he is only 25 miles away from me, and will go and see him to talk face to face!😂

Nice group on the target leanin up again that wall!👍

·
Registered
15 Posts
Replaced a rear hub bearing. Then inspected and greased the opposite rear hub. Ops check good!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sound deadened the roof, installed the factory headliner and the OEM cab light that duals as a flashlight. Only problem is now I have to rethink my extinguisher mount location....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Installed a Rugged Radio in my G4 today. The only thing I can't figure out is how to sync up the RC radio bluetooth to the Rugged Radio so we can hear music through the head sets. Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
98 Posts
View attachment 65996
View attachment 65997
View attachment 65998

Noticed any difference in the forward A-Arms as far as turning radius and handling? I'm torn on them.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Installed a Rugged Radio in my G4 today. The only thing I can't figure out is how to sync up the RC radio bluetooth to the Rugged Radio so we can hear music through the head sets. Has anyone done this?
Yes amigo
Step 1. Turn everything on
Step 2. Go to your phone ( I have an IPhone 6) so go to settings and go into the Bluetooth folder and turn it off and turn it back on. Your Rugged Radio intercom should show up on your phone. Click on it and it should connect.
Step 3. Go into your music and play what you like. It should work.......????

I use an iPad with LeadNav for my GPS and it has a ton of tunes on it. My iPhone doesn’t have as many songs but it’s ok.

I’m not sure about other phone systems but it should work pretty much the same

Good luck and remember it may take a few tries to get it going.

Cheers Baja Charlie

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed a wireless winch controller today. It's this one ---> (LINK) from Amazon (shipped direct from China). At about $25 for a wireless controller with two remotes, I figured... Why not?

The instructions were ... not great. Typical Chinese translated gibberish. But installation wasn't bad once I figured out how I was going to wire it. I ended up making up a small harness to attach between the existing winch switch and harness in the dash. Then I mounted the receiver under the hood on the driver's side fender with some double sided foam tape, and wired it to the harness I made. After installation I tested both of the remotes out to over 150 feet with no issues. There is just a slight delay after releasing the buttons before the winch stops. It's maybe a half second or so, and in that time the winch cable moves about 2-3 inches.

I'm pretty happy with it so far. It'll be nice to be able to control the winch from outside the cab.

Where is the plug on the wiring harness for the wireless remote?
I have a 2019 ride command and it has 4 holes under the hood for the receiver but I don't see the connections on the harness

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes amigo
Step 1. Turn everything on
Step 2. Go to your phone ( I have an IPhone 6) so go to settings and go into the Bluetooth folder and turn it off and turn it back on. Your Rugged Radio intercom should show up on your phone. Click on it and it should connect.
Step 3. Go into your music and play what you like. It should work.......????

I use an iPad with LeadNav for my GPS and it has a ton of tunes on it. My iPhone doesn’t have as many songs but it’s ok.

I’m not sure about other phone systems but it should work pretty much the same

Good luck and remember it may take a few tries to get it going.

Cheers Baja Charlie
Thank you Baja Charlie, you are awesome. We got it working.

1881 - 1900 of 1909 Posts