Polaris General Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1881 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Utah, what was required to replace those seats? They look great. Did they change your leg room at all? At 6'2" cannot afford to give up much.
Very easy to install. Just take the old bases off your factory seats and put them on the new seats and your done. It took about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
This morning I finally got done with most of the installation and wiring for my Rugged Radio Intercom and Radio. Its taken 5 or 6 orders to get all the correct pieces and parts.
Alaskan looks like you should fire up photo bucket account, with all those pics :).
Ya know MMX. I've got a lot on Photobucket. But to insert a picture here I have to either drop it (don't know what that means) or click in the box go out to the folder on my PC and select the image. To do that from Photobucket, I have to open the program, go to the correct album, then double click on the image I want just to get its URL. A lot of work!
I have found that I can take any image by opening it in SnagIt or simply take a SnagIt of any screen, go back to the Forum and simply paste it into the post. Easy peasy.
So I'm wondering why I'm paying for a subscription to have more storage on Photobucket. Haven't since the format change.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The plate is held on by two phillips head screws with a nylock nut backing. It is literally the easiest mod I've done so far and I think made a world of difference.
I like it. I might have to steal your idea
Since it says USA I made mine Red, White and Blue. :) The guy that does wraps on my company vehicle gave me a couple of small pieces of wrap material and that is what I used.

Reactions: OurRide

·
Super Moderator
2,918 Posts
This morning I finally got done with most of the installation and wiring for my Rugged Radio Intercom and Radio. Its taken 5 or 6 orders to get all the correct pieces and parts.

Ya know MMX. I've got a lot on Photobucket. But to insert a picture here I have to either drop it (don't know what that means) or click in the box go out to the folder on my PC and select the image. To do that from Photobucket, I have to open the program, go to the correct album, then double click on the image I want just to get its URL. A lot of work!
I have found that I can take any image by opening it in SnagIt or simply take a SnagIt of any screen, go back to the Forum and simply paste it into the post. Easy peasy.
So I'm wondering why I'm paying for a subscription to have more storage on Photobucket. Haven't since the format change.
I ditched Photobucket when they started charging, and went to Imgur.
Sounds like you're using the "Attachment" option. You only have a certain number of those, not sure what it is, but when you reach that number, older images will go away, every time you add a new one. So while attaching images is easy, it has it's flaws as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
it wasn't today but 2 weeks ago I ordered a set of shock therapy fox rc2 shocks for my general 4. patiently awaiting their arrival. hoping to make the ride more plush and be able to run the trails slightly harder. if anyone is interested in some walker evans oem shocks with about 1k miles on them let me know and shoot me an offer!

hoping in the next year to get some bigger tires (30s) and make the rig a real dominator of the rocky terrain

·
Registered
770 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I put in a new stereo in my G2. It has a heater, so I couldn't use the standard Rockford Fosgate Stage 3. I used the Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 head unit, 400 watt 4 channel amp and front speaker pods. I customized an amp enclosure behind the passenger seat and put in Infinity Kappa 10" sub and Infinity Kappa 6.5" speakers up front. While I was at it, I put dynamat in the doors, dropped the skid plate and dynamat'd underneath and the front and rear firewalls. It rocks!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Took it for its first ride with the new shoes: 30x10-14 Carnivores.

Got to say I am really happy with this tire. My previous tires (Terrabites and EVo's) each had their strong points. The Terrabites were great on rocks, hard pack trails and roads, but sucked in mud and soft terrain. The Evo's were good for light mud and leafy, loamy soil but road rough on hard pack and roads.

These Carnivores seem like they are going to do both very well. Went to Ivy today and there were areas where the mud was greasy. You know the kind where it is hard to walk because it sticks to your shoes. The Carnivores just dug in and pulled my right through.

So if anyone needs some Terrabites or Evo's, I have some for sale. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Got our 6 orange rock lights installed over Memorial. Wiring was straightforward. Pulling rear wires through central tunnel was way easier than I expected. Had a little problem with the 1 1/2” #8 self tapping stainless screws but once I figured out I needed to predrill 5/32” it went smooth enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got sick of the muffler turn out straight down making dust so I cut it, clocked it out to the rear and rewelded it back on. Nothing spectacular but needed done.

My hood flashed me so in the trash it went and a new one took it's place.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also installed a wireless winch controller best money spent. Cut some trees this weekend an used it works like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
What are the specs on your buggy looks great. Waiting to do new tires on mine just not sure what size I want to go with.

At the time of the picture I had the SuperAtv 3.5 inch bracket lift with Hunterworks belt and rollers and washer. The tires are true to size, they only scrubbed when turned sharp or hit a big hole, I now have added the SuperAtv Forward A-Arms. It doesn't scrub at all anymore. I have tested and tried too, lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the info been debating on going that size lift or just keep saving an do portals. So I have width height an gear reduction. Don’t do mud riding just use around the farm but want to be able to play in some if I want to.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the info been debating on going that size lift or just keep saving an do portals. So I have width height an gear reduction. Don’t do mud riding just use around the farm but want to be able to play in some if I want to.

Thats me too, I like trail riding mainly, but the areas where I live has sand and clay and black nasty mudd too. So I wanted something that can handle all of them area's and so far I've been happy with my setup. Might one day get a clutch kit, not sure yet. It still has been working great so far with no problems.

1821 - 1840 of 1881 Posts