Polaris General Forum banner

What did you do to your Polaris General today?

1555988 Views 2799 Replies 423 Participants Last post by  Bckmstr
Share what you did today with the Polaris General community!

Example: I took her out for a ride this weekend on the trails and ended up scoring a nice sized deer!

Example: Installed the lexan windshield and LED light bar.

Example: The new wheels and tires came in finally!

Anything goes.... :wink2:
Reactions: 3
2721 - 2740 of 2800 Posts
Took advantage of some much needed downtime and got a few things done today. Finally mounted up my spare tire and wheel…
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Automotive design

Mounted my B-Fab’s tow hook…
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

And swapped out my 3500 lb. winch for my 4500 lb. It’s quite a bit bigger, and a little bit of a squeeze getting it in there…
Automotive tire Light Product Rim Motor vehicle
See less See more
Reactions: 4
Looks like your running single Eibach springs, how are those working for you? Like the idea of not having a slider grinding away at shock body due to contaminents caught in them.
Reactions: 2
Looks like your running single Eibach springs, how are those working for you? Like the idea of not having a slider grinding away at shock body due to containments caught in them.
So far, so good. Haven’t had it out much with these new shocks on here. But I’m changing a-arms within the next week or so, deleting the front swaybar and installing my limit straps, and I’ll evaluate the shocks on my next trip to the dunes, which is coming up pretty soon.
@Peter1231

PM sent.
Finally ordered a-arms and axles today!
Super Dave's bushings will make those new arms complete, ask me how i know!
Super Dave's bushings will make those new arms complete, ask me how i know!
They come with new bushings, so we'll see how they work out.
All the fluids were changed and grease points attended to. I sure would like to talk to the engineer that came up with that oil filter location what a PIA.

Installed a new Odyssey battery

Dalton clutch kit, OEM belt and HW rollers installed, I really like the clutch engagement at lower RPM's now. It looks to have taken care of the belt slap issue that the previous owner didn't seem to know about.
Won't know for sure until I get the belt broken in and can run it a bit.

Started laying out and running wires for the the BlueSea fuse box and switches..

I need to ride more and tinker less, it gets spendy.
All the fluids were changed and grease points attended to. I sure would like to talk to the engineer that came up with that oil filter location what a PIA.

Dalton clutch kit, OEM belt and HW rollers installed, I really like the clutch engagement at lower RPM's now. It Seemed to have taken care of the belt slap issue that the previous owner didn't seem to know about.

Started laying out and running wires for the the BlueSea fuse box and switches..

What number Odyssey battery? Thanks
What number Odyssey battery? Thanks
PC1200LMJT.

Odyssey Battery

Dalton clutch kit, OEM belt and HW rollers installed, I really like the clutch engagement at lower RPM's now. It looks to have taken care of the belt slap issue that the previous owner didn't seem to know about.

How did you go about the oil filter change...curious? Dont bother with belt break-in, run it.
Reactions: 1
How did you go about the oil filter change...curious? Dont bother with belt break-in, run it.
Passenger side. Long armed it with a filter wrench. What a stupid way to bury a maintenance item. I looked at several different methods and went with this. Appreciate the feedback on the belt, I'm kinda funny on following the engineers recommendations though. Don't tell HW but I use a torque wrench too. ;)
Passenger side. Long armed it with a filter wrench. What a stupid way to bury a maintenance item.
6" rachet with the polaris oil filter wrench and I barely have to get my hand behind the engine at all.... seems simple to me...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Reactions: 1
Arrived. But now I'm heading out for work for five weeks. I guess they'll still be here when I get back.

Road surface Rectangle Wood Outdoor furniture Asphalt
See less See more
6" rachet with the polaris oil filter wrench and I barely have to get my hand behind the engine at all.... seems simple to me...

Doesn't mean the placement isn't stupid.

I have a theory.

If you make vehicles so that the routine maintenance is easy to do and does not require special tools or double jointed appendages, people will do that maintenance as they should.

Then, your vehicles will last longer and gain a reputation for reliability. Thus, you might just sell more vehicles.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Doesn't mean the placement isn't stupid.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Imo the placement is fine....

I'd 100% rather struggle a bit with the oil change rather than blow a hole in that filter. By the time you realize you're low on oil it's too late. It'll only take 10 seconds to blow the 2.5 quarts that are in the engine out....

Fabbed up a rock light controller/connection board that’s going behind passenger seat in the little cubby….it has 3/4” long nylon spacers behind it it leave space so the wiring rats nest can be hidden. Can’t find my jumpers to power it up for a test for final lift placement and wire length…may have to wait till tomorrow😑

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tread Bumper

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille Hood Motor vehicle

Rectangle Automotive exterior Wood Gas Tints and shades
See less See more
Finished rock lights today…..had a helper too🤣
Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Rectangle Wood Grey Stairs

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Road surface

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Rectangle Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Automotive tire Tread Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Exhaust system

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Vehicle Rim Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Bumper Gas Tints and shades Automotive wheel system
See less See more
@Papermaker

Looks like you have a bent A Arm on that one pic possibly or just the camera angle?
2721 - 2740 of 2800 Posts