Polaris General Forum banner
2581 - 2600 of 2606 Posts

· Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
1,649 Posts
Thought about it. For the cost I could get into a nice turbo rzr. A guy gave me a ride in his x3 at the dunes, and now I’m ruined. A General could never be that quick or nimble. I ride trails 90% of the time, so I’m still debating it.
I see no need for a turbo on trails….like woods trails. I ride with x3 and RZR, not enough room to get spooled up around here until we hit roads then it’s not like I’m outta sight by any means. But not my money either, just my 2 cents….which no one asked for so I’ll shut up now😂🤣😂🤣

· Registered
2022 General XP Deluxe
187 Posts
I see no need for a turbo on trails….like woods trails. I ride with x3 and RZR, not enough room to get spoiled up around here until we hit roads then it’s not like I’m outta sight by any means. But not my money either, just my 2 cents….which no one asked for so I’ll shut up now😂🤣😂🤣
It has more than enough power for trails as it is now. In the sand, however…

· Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe RC
150 Posts
I installed a stage 1 AA tune. It will be about 4 weeks before I get to do any serious trail riding. So far I like the lower engine temps, low end power seems to be stronger, and acceleration seems to be stronger and smoother.
We went riding at Turkey Bay in KY Friday - Sunday. The AA tune was great. It's really nice to be able to exceed 30 mph in low gear. The lower engine temp is nice. The extra power is nice.

The only negative was throttle response in low gear was too sensitive. Holding a steady throttle input, on steep hills especially if the terrain was bumpy, was difficult. For other types of riding this was not an issue.

I emailed Aftermarket Assassins about the throttle input Tuesday afternoon. They emailed me back 9 minutes later! We emailed a couple more times about details, then Wednesday they emailed me a new tune file. I installed the new tune Wednesday evening. What great service!!! :)

· Registered
2022 General XP Deluxe
187 Posts
We went riding at Turkey Bay in KY Friday - Sunday. The AA tune was great. It's really nice to be able to exceed 30 mph in low gear. The lower engine temp is nice. The extra power is nice.

The only negative was throttle response in low gear was too sensitive. Holding a steady throttle input, on steep hills especially if the terrain was bumpy, was difficult. For other types of riding this was not an issue.

I emailed Aftermarket Assassins about the throttle input Tuesday afternoon. They emailed me back 9 minutes later! We emailed a couple more times about details, then Wednesday they emailed me a new tune file. I installed the new tune Wednesday evening. What great service!!! :)
This is also my complaint. Glad they fixed it for you, I’ll send then an email as well.

Reactions: Papermaker

· Registered
2022 General XP Deluxe
187 Posts
Bought this overpriced Polaris cargo box. Should work better than a cooler flopping around in the bed. Had some extra sound mat, so I lined the floor to help keep heat from the engine out.
Luggage and bags Trunk Motor vehicle Bag Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Wood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Gas

· Registered
2022 General XP Deluxe
187 Posts
I think I have a problem… May as well wrap the whole machine at this point.
Automotive design Gas Hood Toy Automotive exterior

I also installed the SuperATV rear sliding window. Looks nice, cuts down on the heat and sound, but it sure scratches easy. I washed it then dried it off with a damp towel and there’s now swirl marks.

· Registered
5,900 Posts
Is it plastic?

· Registered
150 Posts
I rebuilt my driver side door that I pretty much destroyed at Turkey Bay. New outer skin, new inner plastic panel, and new inner cast frame. Looks great and shuts better than when it was new.

I also installed the Two Guys Hobby tailgate fix piece. It will stay shut now even when I pull on the tailgate!

· Registered
47 Posts
I rebuilt my driver side door that I pretty much destroyed at Turkey Bay. New outer skin, new inner plastic panel, and new inner cast frame. Looks great and shuts better than when it was new.

I also installed the Two Guys Hobby tailgate fix piece. It will stay shut now even when I pull on the tailgate!
LMAO... Turkey Bay got the suicide door on my Ranger last year. Descending a steep rock hill things flexed enough, drivers door popped open, machine kept sliding down the hill, peeled the door off the machine like a beer tab... called over the radios to my group to hold up at the top so I can run up there and get my door off the trail. :whistle:

· Registered
150 Posts
LMAO... Turkey Bay got the suicide door on my Ranger last year. Descending a steep rock hill things flexed enough, drivers door popped open, machine kept sliding down the hill, peeled the door off the machine like a beer tab... called over the radios to my group to hold up at the top so I can run up there and get my door off the trail. :whistle:
When I tore my door up we going downhill on a trail that was washed out and leaned hard to the driver side. The trail curved to the left about half way down. As we entered the curve I gassed it a little bit to keep from sliding into the bank with the driver side. What I couldn't see was a tree root gob sticking out of the bank about half way around the curve. As we rounded the curved that gob stuck out far enough to just be just over the top edge of my door. On the General the door slopes upward front to rear. When the gob got to that slope it crushed my door down. That broke several of the pegs off of the inside of the plastic outer door panel that screws go into, broke the cast inner door frame, and cracked the plastic inner door panel. Wasn't anything money couldn't fix! :cool:

· Registered
20 Posts
@Morganwoody
Caution: fuel containers should be carried outside of the cab and as far back on the vehicle as possible, with the spouts facing rearward.
Care to elaborate why outside the cab? I carried 8 gallons in my 2016 Xp4 Highlifter behind the rear seats for 19,000 miles. Unless you haul them on the tailgate with it down they are over the engine and exhaust. Also if they are external in the event of a tip over ore roll over you will break them. In my humble opinion for me inside the roll cage is safer.

2581 - 2600 of 2606 Posts