Polaris General Forum banner
2481 - 2500 of 2536 Posts

·
Registered
2018 G4 Ride Command. Black Pearl. 30 inch Maxxis Rampage. Front tender springs, XL Fenders
105 Posts
Finally took mine on a decent ride. This machine rattles like crazy up front. I can easily wiggle the cv shafts up and down where they go into the front diff, is that normal?

They don't have any play in and out but I think that up and down movement is what I'm hearing. I can also move the shocks fairly easily (twist) are the rubber bushings supposed to be soft?

All in all, a grest day to be on the mountain. Put about 50 miles on it in both: low, high, 4wd, 2wd.

Also, no overheating at all after I self installed the heater kit. Hits 207 but drops quickly back down. I was worried after reading all the overheating posts.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Check front sway bar bushings. Mine rattles like crazy took me forever to find it. I always discovered my lower A-arm bushings were shot. I really could not tell this until I disconnected the A-arm from the wheel end. Ordered Super Daves bushings, way better bushing than stock. Now I don have 1 single rattle, squeak or scraping. very nice upgrade.

·
Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
1,302 Posts
Check front sway bar bushings. Mine rattles like crazy took me forever to find it. I always discovered my lower A-arm bushings were shot. I really could not tell this until I disconnected the A-arm from the wheel end. Ordered Super Daves bushings, way better bushing than stock. Now I don have 1 single rattle, squeak or scraping. very nice upgrade.
Wish they made them for the XP

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would hope it isn't any bushings at 50 miles. It has made this noise since new, dealer says everything is normal.

I don't think it's normal. The sway bar is tight, A arms seem tight. The only thing that moves a lot is those cv axles where they go into the diff. They do make a bunch of noise just moving them by hand.

Eventually I'll get up on stands and really give everything a good inspection. Until then its just me and the passenger hanging out the windows listening to it and trying to guess.

·
Registered
2018 G4 Ride Command. Black Pearl. 30 inch Maxxis Rampage. Front tender springs, XL Fenders
105 Posts
Wish they made them for the XP
One of my buddies has an XP when he checked with Super Daves this past spring they told him they were in the works but no time frame. I just looked them up again and the only XP they have is for the RZR. I have put many A-arm bushings in my four wheelers over the years and the ones I just used from Super Daves were really superior to the factory bushings. Very nice fit and smooth travel. I am sure there many other aftermarkets out there that will far exceed the OEM parts.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would hope it isn't any bushings at 50 miles. It has made this noise since new, dealer says everything is normal.

I don't think it's normal. The sway bar is tight, A arms seem tight. The only thing that moves a lot is those cv axles where they go into the diff. They do make a bunch of noise just moving them by hand.

Eventually I'll get up on stands and really give everything a good inspection. Until then its just me and the passenger hanging out the windows listening to it and trying to guess.

Wow 50 miles and dealing with front end noise. Thats a real distraction to enjoying the machine. I have about 2K miles on my G4 and I can tell you when the rattling started it drove me crazy. I couldn't stand it and then the squeaks started thats when it went in the garage up on the stands and I was going to find the firckin noises. I checked my axles today and they have a little movement in the actual CV joint itself but they feel solid going into the diff. That would probabaly concern me. Its terrible the dealership isn't more willing to help you out.
I hope you get it figured out. Please let us know what you find

·
Registered
399 Posts
Wow 50 miles and dealing with front end noise. Thats a real distraction to enjoying the machine. I have about 2K miles on my G4 and I can tell you when the rattling started it drove me crazy. I couldn't stand it and then the squeaks started thats when it went in the garage up on the stands and I was going to find the firckin noises. I checked my axles today and they have a little movement in the actual CV joint itself but they feel solid going into the diff. That would probabaly concern me. Its terrible the dealership isn't more willing to help you out.
I hope you get it figured out. Please let us know what you find
Did you see my crappy video of the play and noise I have from the axles? It's pretty loud and I am almost 100% certain that is the source of my noise.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wired and installed my lights on the back of the cab and installed my driver’s seat harness. I’ll install the passenger’s seat harness tomorrow. Not sure that I like wrapping the belts on the rectangle bar, so I ordered one of the Dragon Fire brackets and decide if I like it when I actually have it in my hands.

·
Registered
2022 General XP Deluxe
121 Posts
Put some smoked eBay tail lights on since I had a small chunk taken out of the left one somehow. My tender springs look shot at 800 miles, so looks like I need some Shock Therapy springs.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Orange Tread Gas

Reactions: deanrowski

·
Registered
2022 General XP Deluxe
121 Posts
Have a look at ZBroz as well….under 600 bucks right now😬
Any idea how they are compared to ST? I definitely want an upgrade over stock. Want to cut down on the bucking and bottoming out.

·
Registered
2019 rc
308 Posts
Or cheaper yet, RZR-AID tender springs. Sooner or later tho I believe you will progress to a full dual rate setup such as ZBroz or ST. I ran with the RZR-AID for a few months before upgrading to ST, big difference between a high quality tender and dual rate setup.

·
Registered
2022 General XP Deluxe
121 Posts
Have a look at ZBroz as well….under 600 bucks right now😬
I just ordered a set since they are $200 cheaper than ST. This **** General is as bad as my race car for sucking my wallet dry 😆

·
Registered
200 Posts
Finally squeezed out some time this evening to finish my wiring on the two mirror floods and swap out the 8” light bar for the two bottom floods. But after taking it out for ride to the river, I’m thinking I should have used spots on the bottom of the bumper instead. Hoping my Dragon Fire anchors brackets come in for my harnesses tomorrow, so I can wrap up that project too. Still need to decide on which a-arms, wheels, and tires I want to go with.
Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

2481 - 2500 of 2536 Posts