Polaris General Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 2105 Posts

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP 4 Ride Command
76 Posts
I will tell everyone this one thing you'd all better do as soon as you get your Polaris at home.......grease the bearings!!!!!!!! I cannot believe I spent what I did on a new unit and had to put 7-15 pumps of grease in the bearings. I will get to the carrier bearings tomorrow and report back, but I am not expecting much......sad, sad!!!!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
You do what you like but when it comes to greasing your bearings it like makeup on your Teenage daughter....less is more 2-3 pumps is all you need...pump turn your greaser to a different location pump, 2-4 locations and do this a few times a year....you put too much and you will blow the seals out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You do what you like but when it comes to greasing your bearings it like makeup on your Teenage daughter....less is more 2-3 pumps is all you need...pump turn your greaser to a different location pump, 2-4 locations and do this a few times a year....you put too much and you will blow the seals out.
Do the 2020's and 2021's have user serviceable/greasable (wheel) bearings, I thought I had read somewhere the design was changed to a sealed bearing?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Yes, they do. Problem is most greasing tools squeeze the two halves of the inner race together...no go.

There are some that don't work that way, so you can gease them. BUT one pump maybe two...max!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, they do. Problem is most greasing tools squeeze the two halves of the inner race together...no go.

There are some that don't work that way, so you can gease them. BUT one pump maybe two...max!
Got it, thanks Pirate :) I hope I have the right tool, it looks like this:

·
Registered
417 Posts
It really depends on how you drive fast/ slow lots of water/ no water...
I drive fairly slow everywhere i go and quite a bit of deep water.. so on mine i pumped slowely until grease just started to come put around all the seals.. and by pumping slowly and carefully you can completely fill the bearing without popping the seals out.. also dont do this if you are driving highspeed.. a lot of grease can cause the rollers to not roll and indeed slide( no good) but when going slow this very rarely happens..

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 1000 Limited
6 Posts
Installed reverse light this afternoon. 8" single row light bar wired to the rear camera wires. It was very close to the muffler only when bed in dumping position. I haven't used the dump bed as of yet. Did install plugs on light bar and factory pigtail in case the need arises to remove the bed.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Did a little maintenance on the MBRP exhaust system.
Used a 2" wide,15 ft roll of DesignEngineering.com Black-Titanium exhaust wrap ($26) and a pack of 1/4" SS ties to cover the head pipes from
under the heat shield to the end. Just something to keep a little more heat off the bottom of the bed.

Someone posted using this to get the exhaust system looking better. Bought it on Amazon.

three coats on the pipe, two on the clamps and one on the bolts.

Looking much better for not much time or cost.
Pirate

·
Registered
2020 General 1000 4 XP Deluxe
8 Posts
Within 24hrs of getting it home the Boss(Wife) insisted on ordering SuperATV's clear rear windshield, Versa-vent Front windshield, Kemimoto street legal kit, and Kolpin 98315 side mirrors. Now I just need to convince her a tuner/tune and heater are must have's as well.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
You should be able to flat tell your BOSS that you don't want to experience the Misfire Detection that puts her machine in Limp Mode with the Check Engine light on. The order a Gilomen Innovations ECU with the full program...and no problems and impressive importance. check out their website for more info.

The heater? Hmmm...that was an easy sell for me. My BOSS is always cold. First time up on Engineer Pass, Alpine Loop, and it starts sleeting...she stole my zipper sweatshirt while the Polaris heater got things warmed up. I have front and rear Polaris glass, and the heater will keep BOSS warm with the fan on 2.

If this doesn't convince her...well, try whining that you don't want her, your BOSS, to be disappointed.

Pirate

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP 4 Ride Command
76 Posts
Been waiting on front windshield from Polaris since unit came in back in March......but hey, I got the unit.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
A big step in the right direction Jamie! The glass will get there before long...and ask me...it's the best out there.

Pirate

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
37 Posts
Installed ram mount and galaxy tab , tablet loaded with avenza maps and the ride command app. oh and music ofcourse.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Got to ride it. Without breaking anything. It has been a while.

2081 - 2100 of 2105 Posts