Polaris General Forum banner

2061 - 2080 of 2105 Posts

·
Registered
2021 General Premium
54 Posts
Installed the XL fender flares this weekend. I can't tell you how nervous I was cutting and drilling into a new machine. It went well, however the driver's side rear fender cover didn't want to snap into place on the bottom clips. It seems they are not angled down enough to really clip into place. The passenger side snapped in ok though. Anybody have thoughts on this?

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
599 Posts
Mine was the same way. I don’t really care for that fact but.......it is what it is. And I haven’t had any issues with it yet. I’ve been on 2 all day rides and it’s holding up fine.

·
Registered
2021 General Premium
54 Posts
Mine was the same way. I don’t really care for that fact but.......it is what it is. And I haven’t had any issues with it yet. I’ve been on 2 all day rides and it’s holding up fine.
Yeah, I don’t think it is going to come off. I might take it off and see if I can shim it somehow. Thought maybe I did something incorrectly. Thank you.

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP 4 Ride Command
76 Posts
Installed new light bar on front and rear with side pod lights...worked by themselves, but when when turned on all...pop...now, finding the missing fuse....and some re-wiring......I hate wiring!!!!

·
Registered
2021 General Premium
54 Posts
Installed my $10 u pull it junkyard Ford Escape windshield wiper. Works like a charm. Thanks to the folks on this forum for the great ideas.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Just finished up installing my 814 Suspension shocks.

Headed out to Ivy Branch in about an hour to test them out.

Reactions: BDAWG

·
Registered
76 Posts
Installed Polaris rock sliders...(not really impressed) but were free more or less.....Installed 42" curved lightbar in the front with 2 4" pods, and a light bar and 2 pods on the back, all under the roof line. Waiting on front and rear windshields to get in....more to come.....

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
599 Posts
Installed Polaris rock sliders...(not really impressed) but were free more or less.....Installed 42" curved lightbar in the front with 2 4" pods, and a light bar and 2 pods on the back, all under the roof line. Waiting on front and rear windshields to get in....more to come.....
got pics?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Back light is much brighter than one would think!!! I would have thought the sliders would extend a tad lower than the bottom of rig, but are dang near flush with floor.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That big white thing to the left of General is a Yeti Ice chest.......LOL.....it was my father-n-laws....huge!!!!

·
Registered
2021 XP 4 1000
21 Posts
Back light is much brighter than one would think!!! I would have thought the sliders would extend a tad lower than the bottom of rig, but are dang near flush with floor.
What kind of lights did you go with and was the install straightforward?

·
Registered
76 Posts
NiLight and the kit packages installed very well, once I figured out how to run wiring. Very happy up tp this point, I'll report back after some actual field trips.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Looks good man! Will those front cube lights be able to stay in that position with the windshield?

·
Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe RC
31 Posts

These are tree kickers, not rock sliders. That is why they are not flush with the bottom, or lower than the bottom. I have a 2 seat General with them.

2061 - 2080 of 2105 Posts