Polaris General Forum banner

2021 - 2040 of 2063 Posts

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
483 Posts
That sounds like a great time!😎

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yessir. It's a pretty slick system. The quickest on-off plow I've had on any of my vehicles.

The only issue I had with it was with the eyebolt style attachment for the winch hook. It should have been shorter from the factory. Because it's too long, I would run out of cable before the plow could reach its max height. Twice while plowing today, I lifted the blade and the hook got jammed in the fairlead rollers.

Also, since the blade couldn't lift to its max height, this meant the bump-stop actuator for the frame foot, couldn't hit the metal tab which triggers the frame foot to spring up in place when initially mounted. There's a bit of adjustment in the bump stop, but just not enough in this case.

I resolved the issue by cutting 4" off of the eyebolt and threading it to the top so I could get more adjustment.

With the shortened bolt, I was pretty certain the plow would hit max height before the cable hook came near the fairlead, but to be certain I decided I needed a cable stop. However, since the ATV/UTV dealers around here close at noon on Saturdays, I decided to MacGyver up a cable stop with an old hockey puck that was kicking around.

I loved this system on my ATV, I ordered it for my G2XP Deluxe, I agree on the length, I cut it off and took 2" out, and rewelded it. probably do the same after I see how it works on the General.

·
Premium Member
2021 Polaris General 4 1000 Deluxe
33 Posts
Got the Grizzz Tek Fender Flares installed this afternoon. Easy to install and should help quite a bit for sure. Anxious to get back off road and test them out! Next up is the Tender Spring install. I can't wait to get those on and get the ride height set where it should be. The front end is a little over an inch to low straight off the showroom floor. Then the new 15" wheels and 30" tires (when I finally decide which tire I'm going with) will go on. I know it's going to look like a completely different machine!

Attachments

Reactions: 20GENNYXP

·
Registered
2020 Polaris General 1000 Deluxe Stage 4 RF Non XP
21 Posts
Wired font and back LED bars, installed a parking break, rear turn signals and fender flares. Trying to figure out pics on here lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Installed XL Fender Flares
New Wheels ITP Cyclone 14x7 4x156 5+2
New Tires Tusk Terrabite 30x10x14

Reactions: Jdance and ajb6

·
Registered
645 Posts
Heading up there the 31st 👍
Which trail system? We road Ivy Branch Friday, Bear Wallow Saturday, and Cabwaylingo Sunday had a great time as usual looking forward already to the next trip down.

Enjoy the trails and remember leave nothing behind but tracks and take nothing away but memories....Be safe and Happy Riding...

·
Registered
2020 Polaris General 1000 Deluxe Stage 4 RF Non XP
21 Posts
Which trail system? We road Ivy Branch Friday, Bear Wallow Saturday, and Cabwaylingo Sunday had a great time as usual looking forward already to the next trip down.

Enjoy the trails and remember leave nothing behind but tracks and take nothing away but memories....Be safe and Happy Riding...
We always ride the outlaw trails around crumpler to flag rock, outlaw bar n grill. This was supposed to be a couples ride at the end of may but had to reschedule. We do a guys ride the 3rd week of September.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Installed XL Fender Flares
New Wheels ITP Cyclone 14x7 4x156 5+2
New Tires Tusk Terrabite 30x10x14 View attachment 69971
Those look great!! I actually just picked up my ITP Cyclone 15" wheels today. I plan to order my tires tomorrow.

Reactions: GOTMACH

·
Registered
47 Posts
Those look great!! I actually just picked up my ITP Cyclone 15" wheels today. I plan to order my tires tomorrow.
I'm really liking this set up. The main thing I wanted was to quiet down the tires on the paved roads and the terrabites should do that. My main issue with these wheels is deciding if I wanted to go all red or red, white and blue for the insert pieces. I may look into seeing if I can buy extra ones from ITP incase I loose or damage them down the road.

Reactions: ajb6

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Test fit for the new ITP Cyclones before the Yokohama Geolandar G003 tires show up in a couple of days.

Reactions: GOTMACH

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Finished the tender spring installation. What a difference! Easily gained 2"+ front & rear, which I lowered a little bit. It looks so much better with the front end up and not over an inch & a half too low like it was. I'll make final ride height adjustments as soon as the ITP Cyclones with 30" Yokohamas go on! 304 Off Road was great to work with on these. You definitely want to have a spring compressor to do the rears.

Here's after the installation.

Here's before the installation.

20210322_204415.jpg 20210323_192027.jpg 20210323_223019.jpg 20210324_133456.jpg 20210321_172047.jpg

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
483 Posts
I installed my Gilomen tuned ECU and Blackmax clutch kit today! Oh wow! It’s like a totally different animal! It woke up in a rage! Only rode a bit here in front of the house so far but throttle response is serious. Really throws ya back in the seats now! Can’t wait till Saturday for our ride at Gladetop trails! Supposed to be sunny and 75 degrees! Woohoo!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Added Seizmik Mirrors Today.

Reactions: ajb6

·
Registered
483 Posts
Don’t keep us in suspense! What is it?

2021 - 2040 of 2063 Posts