Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2566 Posts

·
Administrator
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Share what you did today with the Polaris General community!

Example: I took her out for a ride this weekend on the trails and ended up scoring a nice sized deer!

Example: Installed the lexan windshield and LED light bar.

Example: The new wheels and tires came in finally!

Anything goes.... :wink2:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Nice! Is that the Polaris Glacier Plow System? How is it?
Yessir. It's a pretty slick system. The quickest on-off plow I've had on any of my vehicles.

The only issue I had with it was with the eyebolt style attachment for the winch hook. It should have been shorter from the factory. Because it's too long, I would run out of cable before the plow could reach its max height. Twice while plowing today, I lifted the blade and the hook got jammed in the fairlead rollers.

Also, since the blade couldn't lift to its max height, this meant the bump-stop actuator for the frame foot, couldn't hit the metal tab which triggers the frame foot to spring up in place when initially mounted. There's a bit of adjustment in the bump stop, but just not enough in this case.

I resolved the issue by cutting 4" off of the eyebolt and threading it to the top so I could get more adjustment.

With the shortened bolt, I was pretty certain the plow would hit max height before the cable hook came near the fairlead, but to be certain I decided I needed a cable stop. However, since the ATV/UTV dealers around here close at noon on Saturdays, I decided to MacGyver up a cable stop with an old hockey puck that was kicking around.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Why swap to an aluminum roof??
I haven't had much luck with plastic roofs. I broke two on my RZR before I finally switched to aluminum. Both broke in the winter after hitting a low hanging branch.

Cold plastic and hardwood at 45-50 km/h doesn't seem to make for a good combination.

1 - 20 of 2566 Posts