Polaris General Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2022 general xp4 ordered impatiently waiting
39 Posts
Doesn’t make much sense, honestly! 😡
I know they pump out the limited editions quick, but they claim its a parts shortage so why do the units that are ordered way way after mine and yours and so many others get the hard to come by parts before mine

·
Registered
83 Posts
Over in the other thread there is a guy that ordered his trailhead on Aug 9 and it showed up at the dealer Aug 22. Another guy ordered his on July 29th and just showed up towards the end of last week.
I also ordered the first day (July 29) and am told Sept 25-Nov 5 yet….
In short, they don’t have a clue when and they ship them out randomly it appears.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I ordered mine in mid June and my dealer just says “No update on yours”, he doesn’t give a estimated range.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Over in the other thread there is a guy that ordered his trailhead on Aug 9 and it showed up at the dealer Aug 22. Another guy ordered his on July 29th and just showed up towards the end of last week.
In short, they don’t have a clue when and they ship them out randomly it appears.
Did you order a trailhead edition too?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did you order a trailhead edition too?
Yes sir. 4 seater

ETA: Ordered a ’21 tan 4 seater on April 28th. When they announced the trailheads model I was told they would have an august delivery, as opposed to the Oct/Nov delivery they told me at the time for the ‘22 White one I was switched to. So for $1,000 more I thought I would get my machine 2-3 months early and be able to do some riding this year yet in the Black Hills. Now I am back in the same boat with a late Sept/early Nov date!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah this pisses me off. Trailhead differs from what I ordered in may by color of plastic, remove a light bar and back rack. If it were a parts shortage they wouldn’t be delivering that model either.

·
Registered
Pending... But looking at the General XP 4 1000 Factory Edition
79 Posts
I ordered up the TH G4 on Aug 10th, dealer stated delivery TBD, no ship date.

·
Registered
2022 XP4 General
7 Posts
Ordered our GMW XP4 on June 3rd ship date was Augs - Sept. now moved to Nov - Dec. looks like we maybe riding in 2022.

·
Registered
2022 General XP 4 Deluxe RC
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Plant Sky Car

I have to admit, I freakin' LOVE my Maverick X3 Turbo. In May, when I ordered my 2022 General XP4 Deluxe, I thought that the perfect machine for me. I wanted room to be able to carry camping equipment to get to some backcountry locations, and I had a great relationship with Iron City Polaris in Casa Grande (great folks there, especially Ryan Wiles).

After weeks of traveling around AZ to find locations that had both great rides AND great camping locations that would be accessible for my enclosed trailer--while waiting months for the XP4--I started to second guess my decision and wonder if I shouldn't be in a performance SXS. I realized that I would do very little backcountry camping, and became more interested in "glamping" with the enclosed trailer, so why not just look for great rides with great campsites that I could get the trailer into, and instead get into a high performance car? I was in "SXS dysphoria" to use a term in the news these days, but was sticking to the decision to go General.

I'm so grateful that this gorgeous 2020 X3, with so many mods and high-quality accessories already on her, was rolled out onto the showroom floor that morning as I walked into StrictlyUTV in Mesa, simply looking for accessory inspiration. This machine is so much fun, and so comfortable to ride, I can't imagine being in anything else. I'm so happy to be riding rather than waiting too...

And man, is it ever FAST FAST FAST!

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 General XP4 Deluxe RC - Ghost White
19 Posts
Called yesterday and my deliver has shifted, yet again, from Sept 30-Nov 17 to Oct 14-Nov 27.

Thankfully I'm in Texas and we ride year round. So even if it shows up in November I'll still get some riding in.

Just sucks. Wished I'd known the Trailhead was going to be shipped as soon as it was because I would have just bought one of those, kept my white one in order, and then when the white one showed up I would have sold the Trailhead.

Had this **** thing ordered since May.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Polaris better get there stuff together, buddy of mine had a General ordered since May and ship date kept getting delayed. When CanAm released the new Commander and Polaris keeps pushing his delivery date he decided to order one and said which every arrives first is what he would go with, well the Commander XTR came in four weeks still no General. I got to say it is a very nice looking machine at 64” wide and I believe a 92” wheel base it should be very capable. You don’t sit tall in It like the General the seating position is more like a RZR or Maverick I am 6’4” and about 300 so not a small guy and was quite comfortable sitting in it…..I guess time will tell how it holds up…..

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
View attachment 72227

View attachment 72230

View attachment 72228

I have to admit, I freakin' LOVE my Maverick X3 Turbo. In May, when I ordered my 2022 General XP4 Deluxe, I thought that the perfect machine for me. I wanted room to be able to carry camping equipment to get to some backcountry locations, and I had a great relationship with Iron City Polaris in Casa Grande (great folks there, especially Ryan Wiles).

After weeks of traveling around AZ to find locations that had both great rides AND great camping locations that would be accessible for my enclosed trailer--while waiting months for the XP4--I started to second guess my decision and wonder if I shouldn't be in a performance SXS. I realized that I would do very little backcountry camping, and became more interested in "glamping" with the enclosed trailer, so why not just look for great rides with great campsites that I could get the trailer into, and instead get into a high performance car? I was in "SXS dysphoria" to use a term in the news these days, but was sticking to the decision to go General.

I'm so grateful that this gorgeous 2020 X3, with so many mods and high-quality accessories already on her, was rolled out onto the showroom floor that morning as I walked into StrictlyUTV in Mesa, simply looking for accessory inspiration. This machine is so much fun, and so comfortable to ride, I can't imagine being in anything else. I'm so happy to be riding rather than waiting too...

And man, is it ever FAST FAST FAST!
With all good things, there comes some bad things. There are a ton of Can Ams down here in Baja and for the most part they’re pretty reliable. The one apparent weak spot seems to be the front end and the welds on the control arms. The guys who race them down here gusset the cr_p out of the control arms where they connect to the frame or replace the entire frame with an aftermarket frame.
I’m an old fart and my racing days are way long gone. The General 4 makes a solid Baja rig with a few modifications, is it fast..... nope...... is it reliable........ kinda....... can I carry the tools onboard to fix a Can Am lower or upper control arm.........yep.......... have I field fixed a Can Am down here........yep.........do I like Can Am’s .....yep

Good luck and be safe amigo

Cheers Baja Charlie

·
Registered
2022 General XP 4 Deluxe RC
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
With all good things, there comes some bad things. There are a ton of Can Ams down here in Baja and for the most part they’re pretty reliable. The one apparent weak spot seems to be the front end and the welds on the control arms. The guys who race them down here gusset the cr_p out of the control arms where they connect to the frame or replace the entire frame with an aftermarket frame.
I’m an old fart and my racing days are way long gone. The General 4 makes a solid Baja rig with a few modifications, is it fast..... nope...... is it reliable........ kinda....... can I carry the tools onboard to fix a Can Am lower or upper control arm.........yep.......... have I field fixed a Can Am down here........yep.........do I like Can Am’s .....yep

Good luck and be safe amigo

Cheers Baja Charlie
Thank you Charlie. It was meant to be. And the previous owner installed quality gussets in front and back. The only thing not reinforced is the shock tower up front. But I don't plan on doing much jumping...much. 😁

41 - 60 of 68 Posts