Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 general premium
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I’m nee to this my frame has a welding hole in it from a poor weld . I talked to Polaris about it and they told me there was no issue because it had nothing to do with the drivability of it. Should I be concerned about a week part in the frame.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've done quite a bit of welding in my lifetime, and this is about the most pathetic example of welding that I've ever seen. Polaris should scarf it out and have it properly welded. If they won't, I'd take it to a professional welding shop and ask them their opinion. What I'd be most concerned about is the hole allowing water to flood the framework, and when the temperature drops below freezing, the water expands and cracks the pipe. I had it happen with only a pinhole. Destroys the integrity of the frame of the vehicle.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Polaris uses thread forming screws everywhere, that is probably only 1 out of 100 holes letting moisture into the frame tube. Looks like a typical Polaris weld, I would not worry about it.

At least it’s fully welded, my RZR had 2 frame tubes that weren’t even 50% welded. I did however manage to get a new front frame half under extended warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts