Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
View attachment 1338
Went to start my windshield installation last night and found that the cross bar was installed upside down. Visor attachment points to stereo were not hooked up to the stereo attachment points. Only the end stereo screws were in because the other screws wouldn't line up with holes. This was dealer assembled. Glad I'm doing my own work. I went down and did a little educating at the dealer today.
Also get the installation instructions for any dealer installed item. It will assist you in the installation of other accessories.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Good advice Alaskan47. It sure would have helped to have the instructions for the soundbar. It took me a while to figure out how that flat bar went in. That bar that sits between the soundbar and the visor. I thought it was weird since the bar had threads and the soundbar had threads as well for the 4 bolts. It can only go in one way, and of course I somehow had turned it over or end to end when I removed it.

I also found the soundbar wiring to pulled up into the cage too far where the cage meets the dash. This exposed the individual wires instead of just the sheeth enclosing them all. I pulled the cable assembly back down under the dash as it is plenty long. I can imagine some guy at the dealer just yanking it up through the cage channel until it was tight.

Thanks!

Reactions: Trapper

·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That plate comes out when installing the sound bar. It is in the stereo install instructions that you and I did not get from the dealer. I is only a stiffener if you do not have a sound bar.

Reactions: Trapper

·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If that plate was in between the visor and the sound bar from the dealer then the dealer, like mine, didn't read the instructions. When I say dealer I mean the company as a whole is responsible for the product the shop puts out. Need checks and balances. Like no oil in the diffs! Really?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Is this the metal plate that should have been removed at the dealership, and what are the little black spacers for?

·
Registered
14 Posts
After my last outing I found a screw on the passenger side floor and was looking all over up under the dash for where it came from. After reading this thread I decided to look at the sound bar and sure enough it came out of the sound bar. The other screws were loose as well.

Time to go through the machine and check things for tightness. Post ride inspections are going to be norm for me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
At least you guys have a visor. I brought mine home last week and tried to install the Roof. Couldn't figure it out until the guys on here pointed out I didn't have a visor. Dealer never put it on. They blamed Polaris. Regardless its on the way.
I plan on getting the Polaris sound bar. How do you guys like it? Any install advice?

·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Works great and yes on advice. Don't cut the spot they want you to cut to move the mirror on the stereo if you put the wiper motor on. Plenty of room there for wires and washer fluid tube and it will not hit the motor.
If the visor shows up with a metal strip screwed to it remove and discard. Save screws they go through visor into the stereo.
Mine came with the Deluxe and the dealer effed up the install. Also I had to radius the forward edge of the stereo where it fits into the visor because it was straight and wouldn't fit into the groove on the visor and the wing nut in the back of their shop ovaled my holes to get the screws in. You will have to take the upper dash off to run your harness. Easy to do. Take the plastic rivets and screws out of your front quarter panels along the hood and down the door hing area so the dash pops off easier. Get all instructions from dealer if anything was dealer installed. If in doubt reach out. We will help you. And only listen to old rock and roll like AC-DC. This new stuff makes you wrist go limp.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Works great and yes on advice. Don't cut the spot they want you to cut to move the mirror on the stereo if you put the wiper motor on. Plenty of room there for wires and washer fluid tube and it will not hit the motor.
If the visor shows up with a metal strip screwed to it remove and discard. Save screws they go through visor into the stereo.
Mine came with the Deluxe and the dealer effed up the install. Also I had to radius the forward edge of the stereo where it fits into the visor because it was straight and wouldn't fit into the groove on the visor and the wing nut in the back of their shop ovaled my holes to get the screws in. You will have to take the upper dash off to run your harness. Easy to do. Take the plastic rivets and screws out of your front quarter panels along the hood and down the door hing area so the dash pops off easier. Get all instructions from dealer if anything was dealer installed. If in doubt reach out. We will help you. And only listen to old rock and roll like AC-DC. This new stuff makes you wrist go limp.
Thank you! I'll be asking a few install questions in a week or so. Asking my dealer a question spooks me a little. I think I had more info on the General than they had.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I put those spacers between the visor and the sound bar. I'm not sure if I need them or not.

Is the piece of metal on the hood of my General in the pic above the piece of medal that shouldn't be there?

·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put those spacers between the visor and the sound bar. I'm not sure if I need them or not.

Is the piece of metal on the hood of my General in the pic above the piece of medal that shouldn't be there?
Yes that piece goes away because its threaded and you cannot run the threads through that and into the threads on the stereo. People have tried.:laugh: Get all your installation instructions from the dealer. They should be able to print everything off for you. I'm on an Island in Alaska and my dealer can print off what ever I need. Get the Heater installation or I will email it to you because it shows how to take the dash apart.:nerd:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Somehow I made it work with the metal strip installed and bolt through both sets of threads. I should have discarded it when I installed the windshield. Good advice on getting the instructions Alaskan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts