Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I just purchased my G4 XP yesterday, and I freakin love it. But I know that we have a 6 mo warranty from factory, but has anyone purchased an extended warranty. AND if you did what did you pay for 5 years? My dealer wants $1550. What have you all paid?
Is it worth it?

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General 1000 XP 4 Deluxe
107 Posts
I have been debating this as well. I figured with the cost and problems that I have been hearing about it would be worth doing but haven’t heard a ton of people doing it.

My other hang up is if I tune it and get a new clutch and add a few other things it’ll just void it so it may not be worth doing anyways.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have experienced both sides. On my General, I paid around $1,300 for a Guardian Extended Warranty. So far they have paid out $4,400 and I have 23 months left.

On my SuperDuty diesel, well they cost quite a bit more, but on my '15, I paid $4,800 and got back every bit and a lot more including replacement of the flywheel twice and a few other fixes. But on my '18, so far at 104K miles and not made a single extended warranty claim. So it works both ways.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Oh, I bought the Polaris 5 yr extended warranty when I purchased my General in May 2016.

Never have had the opportunity to use it. Pretty much I just fix things myself. And haven't had a problem expensive enough, or thought Polaris would cover it, so just fix it myself.

Today, I'd just put that much money in a mutual fund and use it as needed.

Pirate

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I just purchased my G4 XP yesterday, and I freakin love it. But I know that we have a 6 mo warranty from factory, but has anyone purchased an extended warranty. AND if you did what did you pay for 5 years? My dealer wants $1550. What have you all paid?
Is it worth it?
Definitely not worth it, I had one and if it didn't break during the free period it isn't gonna be covered. Everything that breaks will be deamed your fault, not a factory fault.

·
Registered
2019 G2 Premium
3 Posts
Typically I'm against most extended warranties. On preowned cars I've come ahead twice and not on another. I know it's a roll of the dice. That said, I did get the dealer's extended warranty, not the official Polaris one. It was less money and more comprehensive - including 3 seasons of annual maintenance (all fluid and filter changes). I dont custom modify or have the knowledge to do most repairs myself. So for me, it works and was good protection. So far used it for 2 annual maintenance sessions plus rear drive shaft replaced. Figure I'm about even so far....

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General 1000 XP 4 Deluxe
107 Posts
Typically I'm against most extended warranties. On preowned cars I've come ahead twice and not on another. I know it's a roll of the dice. That said, I did get the dealer's extended warranty, not the official Polaris one. It was less money and more comprehensive - including 3 seasons of annual maintenance (all fluid and filter changes). I dont custom modify or have the knowledge to do most repairs myself. So for me, it works and was good protection. So far used it for 2 annual maintenance sessions plus rear drive shaft replaced. Figure I'm about even so far....
Who did you go through for yours?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey Everyone,
Is it worth it?
When did you order it and what color did you get?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Typically I'm against most extended warranties. On preowned cars I've come ahead twice and not on another.
We bought our daughter a used Mercedes GLA 250 2 summers ago. At the time it was 2 years old and in the CPO program. Got 5 more years of UNLIMITED mileage warranty. That is better than what it came with. That car is now 4 years old and has 3 years of full factory warranty left. Unreal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts