Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been following the forum for a couple months now and figured it was time to jump in and say hello.
I am in Washington state at the present time and will be heading home next week. My 2017 deluxe showed up at the dealer the day after i left.
My question is has anybody put skid plates and A arm guards on a 2017 yet? When contacting the vendors they have not checked the fitment from 16 to the 17.

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
Welcome travlin55 I cant see any reason they would be dif. no change other then the color that I can tell!

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, i will order then and get them installed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been following the forum for a couple months now and figured it was time to jump in and say hello.
I am in Washington state at the present time and will be heading home next week. My 2017 deluxe showed up at the dealer the day after i left.
My question is has anybody put skid plates and A arm guards on a 2017 yet? When contacting the vendors they have not checked the fitment from 16 to the 17.
When I was at Camp Razor in Berlin,N.h.(Jericho) this fall, it seems all the General owns seemed to chat with each other. The one thing I am going to do for my machine is get the 3 inch lift kit, as an couple people said that they broke or bent the front A arms. It also sort of looks cooler with the added 3 inches height..

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
When I was at Camp Razor in Berlin,N.h.(Jericho) this fall, it seems all the General owns seemed to chat with each other. The one thing I am going to do for my machine is get the 3 inch lift kit, as an couple people said that they broke or bent the front A arms. It also sort of looks cooler with the added 3 inches height..
That lift might void your warranty.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Brian,

If you get the SuperATV high clearance A-arms for the front and Factory UTV UHMW guards for the rear A-arms...well, i haven't damaged either. But then again, I'm 62 and have given up driving like a bat out of ****.

The 3 inch lift seems like a lot. The bone stock General has 12" of ground clearance. Adding the 1/2" UHMW skid take you down to about 11.75"...but I haven't really bottomed out yet.

Just thoughts...

Pirate

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good afternoon/ evening

I will agree with you about the height and I am 50 and have an real bad back. I was just repeating what an couple of owners suggested about to improve the machine. I bet an couple of guards probably do the exact same thing. I will look into the suggestion you had about the guards. It is not to bad for the price we paid for these machines the guards where part of the standard options package?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts