Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Waiting for the General to arrive here in Germany.

While I do all the waiting I hit the trails with my Sportsman 1000, but I am really looking forward to my first ever SxS. Thought about getting a POLARIS Ranger to get some work done, but with the General I'll also have a toy to keep up speed and style wise with my RZR-friends :)

Looking forward to all of your input.

Lars

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! How long will you have to wait before the General make it's way to Germany?
No one really knows. Dealers and even Polaris Germany have no clue. But I heard that two Generals got to Italy to get all the EU necessary changes done. Since all of our bikes (SxS, ATV, Quad) need street legal it ll take some time. I hope to see the first general by end of March / mid April.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just heard that delivery starts this next Monday. Even more surprising than that is the rumors that the General for Europe will come out of the new production plant in Opole, Poland.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think when they come out with a four seat General it should be called the 4 Star General and the two seat model the Major General. LOL If one had a bench seat call it the Major General. LOL Have Fun with yours in Germany. Drink some Dinklacher for me or some 1878's.

·
1,560 Posts
No one really knows. Dealers and even Polaris Germany have no clue. But I heard that two Generals got to Italy to get all the EU necessary changes done. Since all of our bikes (SxS, ATV, Quad) need street legal it ll take some time. I hope to see the first general by end of March / mid April.
It will be nice to see how you make one street legal over there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, it ll not have an open rear diff.
POLARIS hasn't released a official street leagal kit for the General yet. So every dealer will get the job done on their own. Most of em have added turn signals, horns, fog-lights and all the other neccessary stuff to RZRs and ATVs in the past. I'll keep you posted on everything happening over here.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Things are coming together as they should! Street legal kit installed. With all the laws and regulations on Europe not an easy thing to do.
LED Headlights & turn signal in front. POLARIS Ranger EU Tail-Lights (they include the brake, turn and rear light) in the back. Switch for the headlights went into the lever. All a nice and clean fit n finish, but pain in the ass to get it finally working. Cluster will show direction when turn signal on only when the key is turned once and engine is not running. ‪#‎nocluewhy‬
Now we are just waiting for accessories to arrive, than we will hit the Autobahn!
Thanks for the awesome work so far.

POLARIS General 1000 deluxe looking awesome with these LED headlights!

Tail Lights from the Ranger fit perfect!

Horn, lights and turn signal all in one lever. Yellow switch is for fog light.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Things are coming together as they should! Street legal kit installed. With all the laws and regulations on Europe not an easy thing to do.
LED Headlights & turn signal in front. POLARIS Ranger EU Tail-Lights (they include the brake, turn and rear light) in the back. Switch for the headlights went into the lever. All a nice and clean fit n finish, but pain in the ass to get it finally working. Cluster will show direction when turn signal on only when the key is turned once and engine is not running. ‪#‎nocluewhy‬
Now we are just waiting for accessories to arrive, than we will hit the Autobahn!
Thanks for the awesome work so far.

POLARIS General 1000 deluxe looking awesome with these LED headlights!

Tail Lights from the Ranger fit perfect!

Horn, lights and turn signal all in one lever. Yellow switch is for fog light.

Where did you get the headlights? And how were you able to wire in the reverse light on the ranger taillights?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where did you get the headlights? And how were you able to wire in the reverse light on the ranger taillights?
Think headlights are from RZR 900, but will confirm that after asking the dealer. Taillight has no reverse light. Here in the EU we need orange turn signal, so Polaris made these for the Ranger EU version!

Where did you get the lever from that will match up to the general and could it be used for a wiper and squirter.
Again I think it's from the RZR. Polaris part finder says #4015149, but I ll ask the dealer.

Some say the install of the led headlights is easy, but I heard different. Maybe that's just the case because of our crazy EU-regulations. I hope to get more details on parts # and install on Monday when mechanics are back from their racing weekend :wink2:

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, so LED is OEM RZR. They just changed the plug to make it work.

Lever is OEM Polaris too, but probably only available in Europe via their partner EGI Motors in Italy. The US Part mentioned in the Polaris Parts Finder looks a little different.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts