Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever thought about putting some Vinyl on your machine. I gave it alot of thought then decided to jump in. Here is a video I did of the install. I was very pleased on how it came out.
Vinyl Wrap

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
That turned out very well. Nice job.

Reactions: Corbo1962

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks great. Talked to Kent the other day ordering mine soon. Doing red flag tailgate and hood and full black and white flag wrap
That'll look sweet

·
Registered
2021 General XP 4 (On Order)
75 Posts
Have you ever thought about putting some Vinyl on your machine. I gave it alot of thought then decided to jump in. Here is a video I did of the install. I was very pleased on how it came out.
Vinyl Wrap
I just wanted to say nicely done video with the voiceover/time lapse, the quick edits of front, back, side (so we're not watching you walk around) and the short tips, observations, etc.

This is coming from a younger generation 😀

·
Registered
2016 Polaris General Deluxe
5 Posts
Vinyl Wrap
I recently did mine in camo. the flaws dont show as bad in camo. I have a new respect for the guys that do it well for a living for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just wanted to say nicely done video with the voiceover/time lapse, the quick edits of front, back, side (so we're not watching you walk around) and the short tips, observations, etc.

This is coming from a younger generation 😀
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I recently did mine in camo. the flaws dont show as bad in camo. I have a new respect for the guys that do it well for a living for sure.
I agree completely, it is an art!

·
Registered
2021 XP 1000 4 Deluxe
157 Posts
Great video looks like you did it dry. Any issues with bubbles or anything like that? Been on the fence about getting the tailgate piece. After seeing yours I might just buy one.

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great video looks like you did it dry. Any issues with bubbles or anything like that? Been on the fence about getting the tailgate piece. After seeing yours I might just buy one.
I had the rapid tack, just in case and the piece that got hot in the sun, i did that one wet and was able to salvage it. One piece on the driver's side had been in the sun and when I put it on, it stuck and stretched and it is messed up. Kent is going to send me a replacement to swap it out. He said that a heat gun would have shrunk it back down. Tricks of the trade. Other than that, keep the Vinyl cool and do when it's cool and use a plastic squeegee, I bought this kit and it worked great, smoothed out the potential wrinkles and bubbles.

Attachments

Reactions: vtprairie

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
2021 General
63 Posts
Corbo was the reflective harder to put on? I was thinking all reflective but might only do the hood and tailgate in reflective not the sides.

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Corbo was the reflective harder to put on? I was thinking all reflective but might only do the hood and tailgate in reflective not the sides.
It was, I'm guessing due to the reflective low stretch backing. It's not near as forgiving as the regular vinyl. I found the Matte vinyl was very workable and produced great results. Glad I went the way I did. I really like the reflective on the back. Here is a Pic at night

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts