Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't posted in awhile so I figured I'd post a pic after I installed some accessories. I did some experimenting with plasti-dip. I did the front and rear bumper in hugger orange. It doesn't match perfectly. It actually matches the spring color more. Oh well, trial and error. I also did the hood in black. I like the look of it better I think. Also installed a 24" flood/spit combo led light bar on the front bumper. I used the mounts for the factory bumper extensions to mount the light. I plasti- dipped a couple pieces of unistrut and mounted them to the bumper and mounted the light to them with stainless hardware. I'm real happy with it. I installed the vendetta rockers today. I'm happy with them. I wasn't happy with the 5/16 hardware the provided so I used 3/8 stainless instead. Drilled and through-bolted them using a sleeve to prevent dimpling the frame when tightening. Overall happy with everything I installed and I love the machine more than ever!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I have never been a fan of the white on the hood ! Looks good!

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Was not sure about the orange on the 17 deluxe till I saw it in person the white to me is just out of place!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
General,

Yup, I used Plasti Dip Blaze (orange) on my Siezmik Pursuit mirror inserts. Turned out pretty well, but I had my paint area set up, the parts out and set up, had the Plasti Dip from Amazon...read the instructions...best if used over white. Sure would have been nice to see that on their website or Amazons....but just wend ahead and it looks good.

What color Plasti Dip did you use on the hood? And how many coats? And did you do any surface prep other than a good clean-up?

Here's a pic of my inserts:

Thanks,

Pirate

·
Registered
197 Posts
yeah.... I'm sold on that black hood. I was trying to trade someone with a black hood if the were gonna wrap or paint theirs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Pirate, your mirror inserts look great. Blaze orange is the way to go. As far as surface prep is concerned, I just cleaned it real well. Made sure it dried plenty long enough, and did four coats of matte black plastidip. The first two coats were thin, the 3rd I put on a little heavier and a little more heavier with the fourth. I've used it a lot in the past on various projects. I'm very happy with how it holds up. I did apply a coat of there post-dip spray. It basically adds more uv resistance to it and also makes the texture a bit smoother. It definitely helps. I did my emblems 3 years ago on my truck and they still look good.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I pressure wash my General after most rides, how does the plasti dip hold up to washing it?

·
Registered
264 Posts
watching a few clips on youtube I'm thinking it would be ok if a guys careful and use one of the less aggressive nozzles.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Carbon summit, I've pressure washed mine and have had no issues. making sure the surface is clean is the key. I've had no issues with peeling at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts