Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going on vacation the week after the 4th. We'll be staying in Bellaire at the Chain O Lakes campground. We're going to visit Torch lake. I personally am non-aquatic, so the General is going. Looking for trails in close proximity to the area we're staying. I'll be hauling the General on my flatbed pulling the travel trailer. Someone at a local ATV dealership told my girlfriend about Blue Bear Trail. Anyone with info on the local trails would be appreciated. Also, what do I need to get for riding? Trail pass, registration, plates,? I won't be driving on any public roads, just parking at a trail head and riding that trail. Again, any info or links to websites would be appreciated.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Blue, the area you're heading to has great sand trails. You'll need two ORV trail stickers for the trails. You're a short drive from Silver Lake Sand Dunes and they require a 3rd ORV sticker. Gladwin/Baldwin trails run most of the west side of the state connecting to Cadillac. The Little Manistee was dry, but the canopy kept the dust down. Indian River has great trails too. Pictures are from that area two weeks ago. Boyne Falls is amazing.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info. I'll be googling all that later this evening. The ORV stickers, are those for each trail system independently? How do I go about getting those? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We're going on vacation the week after the 4th. We'll be staying in Bellaire at the Chain O Lakes campground. We're going to visit Torch lake. I personally am non-aquatic, so the General is going. Looking for trails in close proximity to the area we're staying. I'll be hauling the General on my flatbed pulling the travel trailer. Someone at a local ATV dealership told my girlfriend about Blue Bear Trail. Anyone with info on the local trails would be appreciated. Also, what do I need to get for riding? Trail pass, registration, plates,? I won't be driving on any public roads, just parking at a trail head and riding that trail. Again, any info or links to websites would be appreciated.
There is a trail permit and an ORV sticker. Together $36.25. The ORV sticker allows you to ride the side of most roads and seasonal roads. The trail permit is good for the entire state. Make sure you stay off the roads that start with an "M". Decent maps on the DNR website. Have fun

·
Registered
96 Posts
The app store has a new application (with less than 10k downloads) called Trail View. Might be worth a trial.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, unfortunately, they show no maps for Michigan. They have 1 in Ohio, Pocahontas, Mines and Meadows in PA, Hatfield trails in WV, Windrock in TN, and Rush with a couple others in KY. Looks like a decent app, except you have to purchase every map. Thanks for the tip though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well, unfortunately, they show no maps for Michigan. They have 1 in Ohio, Pocahontas, Mines and Meadows in PA, Hatfield trails in WV, Windrock in TN, and Rush with a couple others in KY. Looks like a decent app, except you have to purchase every map. Thanks for the tip though.
That sucks. Looks like the ride command app is the best option.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Buelligan, I ran the Balwin/Gladwin/Irons trails today. They've been running the groomer, but the trails are still full of chatter bumps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts