Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2022 General 4 1000 Ride Command Edition
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those who have the polaris upper doors, is the bottom seal supposed to go on the outside of the door like this,
Hood Grille Automotive tire Grey Automotive design
or the inside of the door like this:
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car
it wants to naturally sit on the outside, but seems it would seal and fill gaps better on the inside.

The big challenge of putting it on the inside, is the rods are kind of in the way.
Automotive tire Automotive design Grey Wood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,217 Posts
I beleive mine were on the outside also. I had a few gaps on the bottom. Nothing serious. But I want to try to get some straps wrapped around the lower bar of the upper door. Then have those straps pull down to a screw in the door, i plan on 2 straps per door. I figure with these straps I'll be able to keep the upper pulled down a bit tighter to the lower and get the doors to seal up even better...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Ill keep it on the outside. Ive seen it done both ways. Ive had some great luck experimenting with building up the bottoms of the frames by duct taping rubber pieces to it. This forces the bottom seals down further and into the gaps in the bottom part of the door.
Wood Art Motor vehicle Painting Tints and shades

Black Automotive tire Grey Automotive design Wood

Hood Automotive tire Grille Sleeve Automotive design

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I beleive mine were on the outside also. I had a few gaps on the bottom. Nothing serious. But I want to try to get some straps wrapped around the lower bar of the upper door. Then have those straps pull down to a screw in the door, i plan on 2 straps per door. I figure with these straps I'll be able to keep the upper pulled down a bit tighter to the lower and get the doors to seal up even better...

I tried that this evening. It does pull the frame, and thus the seal down a bit further. Seemed to make the upper door feel a bit sturdier too.

·
Registered
2022 general xp4 RC ghost white
317 Posts

Mine came with straps on all 4 doors from the dealer you might check maybe yours should have came with the straps too

·
Registered
317 Posts
@Apatton83 when did you get your doors? I just got mine in March... I'll definitely have to check on that because that's exactly what I was thinking I was gonna make...

I ordered them same time ordered the sxs in August i picked it up from dealer in march not sure when they actually came in to dealer

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I ordered them same time ordered the sxs in August i picked it up from dealer in march not sure when they actually came in to dealer
Thanks for the info! I didn't know if you had them for a few years and the straps used to come with them. I will inquire with my dealer...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks for the info! I didn't know if you had them for a few years and the straps used to come with them. I will inquire with my dealer...

My brother in law ordered a 2022 xp g2 and also got doors without straps for some reason his sxs came in a out 3 months before mine did

·
Registered
430 Posts
Either of you have mirrors an your machine with these doors?

I'm looking at getting my doors soon but I'm having a hard time with how the mirrors (on brackets, not direct to the ROPS) will allow the doors to open with the soft uppers in place.

Both; B's Fab and Seizmik say they work with upper doors but it seems unlikely when you look at the pics.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I have the Seizmik Pursuit mirrors with the general brackets. Works fine with the upper doors, although I can't see the full passenger mirror anymore, just the right side of it.

X2. I think the dealer bent my brackets out just a touch to clear the upper when the door is opened. I have the same passenger issue as stated, but I can see out of it some...

·
Registered
430 Posts
If I just mount them to the ROPS without the extra brackets I could move them higher and gain better visibility, couldn't I?

On the original topic, seems like all 4 doors should have come with straps.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Either of you have mirrors an your machine with these doors?

I'm looking at getting my doors soon but I'm having a hard time with how the mirrors (on brackets, not direct to the ROPS) will allow the doors to open with the soft uppers in place.

Both; B's Fab and Seizmik say they work with upper doors but it seems unlikely when you look at the pics.

I have seizmik embark i think was the model id have to look it up but they are the taller skinny mirriors i do not have the mirrior brackets just mounted right to the rops with provided mounts and i love em doors do not hit them only thing is the passenger side upper door blocks alittle of the viewing area only an issue when upper door is on, and its not a big issue then

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
If I just mount them to the ROPS without the extra brackets I could move them higher and gain better visibility, couldn't I?

On the original topic, seems like all 4 doors should have come with straps.

If memory serves me right (lol), it's not the height that's the main issue with not being able to see, it's more so the black material for the outer part of the door that does most of the blocking. So to move the mirror further up isn't going to help. It needs to move out further or be a wider mirror...

·
Registered
317 Posts
If memory serves me right (lol), it's not the height that's the main issue with not being able to see, it's more so the black material for the outer part of the door that does most of the blocking. So to move the mirror further up isn't going to help. It needs to move out further or be a wider mirror...

Correct the black material blocks it some but a total non issue IMO just have to lean head back alittle and have the full mirror in view

1 - 20 of 26 Posts