Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for advice on upper doors for my 2020 General. I have looked around a lot and see several options but I don’t want plastic that will crack in the cold nor do I want zipper. I have found one from Super ATV. I was wondering if anyone here has experience with the full cab doors. I haven’t seen very many reviews any help would be appreciate. Thank

· Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,311 Posts
The polaris ones are built the best of all of them from what my research has shown. I really like my polaris uppers. They took some fitting (just like all will need). But I think they're built nicely. I also got them to seal really nicely...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

· Registered
2019 rc
383 Posts
Polaris uppers are quality for sure! Just don't drive around a lot with the windows rolled down as I found out. The clear plastic will Mar easily rubbing against itself. Now I roll them down with some thin velour fabric inside for some protection. Most of the time in the summer I simply leave them at the truck as it only takes 2 minutes if that to take them off and reinstall. Slight modification got them to seal perfect.

· Registered
2022 general xp4 RC ghost white
327 Posts
Only generals is making hard upper doors that havent been released yet i dont know much about them but might be worth the wait. I bought their lower filler panel to replace the junk plastic one polaris sends and quality is top notch

· Registered
1,311 Posts

· Registered
291 Posts
I have had DFK full doors on my G2 for 4 years. They are polycarbonate and I've done lots of wheeling through scrub oak and no scratches. It looks like SuperATV either contracted with DFK to build theirs or just copied the design. The biggest issue with the full doors is just the hassle of swapping doors winter and summer if you don't intend to leave them on, I swap. Otherwise, the doors are great in that you get more low visibility for challenging terrain.

We just got a G4 and I decided to go with the Polaris canvas uppers rather than the full doors. I've had canvas uppers on a Jeep TJ in the past. Yes the windows are prone to scratching when zipped down and rolled up, but Mary makes felt covers for them. Put the felt in place, roll and secure the windows and all is good. Just my 2 cents having had both styles.

· Registered
291 Posts
Thanks WC-Ranch. Just one question for you How bad do they scratch
If you're asking about scratching of the polycarbonate doors, after 4 years of lots of use around the ranch and mountain trails there are minimal if any scratches. If you're asking about the soft uppers, you definitely need to be vigilant to minimize rubbing of the clear plastic when they are rolled up or touching other surfaces.

· Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
140 Posts
I am looking for advice on upper doors for my 2020 General. I have looked around a lot and see several options but I don’t want plastic that will crack in the cold nor do I want zipper. I have found one from Super ATV. I was wondering if anyone here has experience with the full cab doors. I haven’t seen very many reviews any help would be appreciate. Thank
I just sold a set of full poly doors to go back to the soft uppers on a 21xp4 1000. I did not like the gaps for the money that you pay. I believe if you have a 2 seater the full doors would fit a little better as there is less frame flexing. The four door generals, the back doors close nice and fit nice but the front doors did not seal up good at all. I could put my finger through the gaps in the top and front where the doors are supposed to meet the frame. Just my experience but I can bend the soft uppers to make them fit better, the full poly doors have glass in them and I don't think bending the frames on those would be a good idea or risk worth taking.

· Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
140 Posts
Right now I am playing the waiting game, I really want to see how these turn out ! OnlyGenerals
I like the look of the only generals product as well. I sent an email to ask about availability for the xp4 and he said as soon as the two seater doors are in production they will start working on the 4 door version. If you get the 2 seater uppers from them post on here how they are please.

· Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
1,649 Posts
I just sold a set of full poly doors to go back to the soft uppers on a 21xp4 1000. I did not like the gaps for the money that you pay. I believe if you have a 2 seater the full doors would fit a little better as there is less frame flexing. The four door generals, the back doors close nice and fit nice but the front doors did not seal up good at all. I could put my finger through the gaps in the top and front where the doors are supposed to meet the frame. Just my experience but I can bend the soft uppers to make them fit better, the full poly doors have glass in them and I don't think bending the frames on those would be a good idea or risk worth taking.
OG are getting ready to release magnets to help with fitment issues…I believe for all uppers

· Registered
2022 General 4 1000 XP Deluxe Non RC
46 Posts
Man it just sucks for the 4 door right now cause most people are either out of stock or waiting production and by the time they get them back in stock we won't need it until next winter..

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Man it just sucks for the 4 door right now cause most people are either out of stock or waiting production and by the time they get them back in stock we won't need it until next winter..
That's every year, for all generals.... you just gotta buy them when they're available... been that way for the last 2-3 yrs I've been apart of this forumn. Buy em in spring so you have them for that fall, DONT wait till fall when you need them...

· Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
140 Posts
That's every year, for all generals.... you just gotta buy them when they're available... been that way for the last 2-3 yrs I've been apart of this forumn. Buy em in spring so you have them for that fall, DONT wait till fall when you need them...

the only general doors are only available for 2 door models for now.....I am going to wait for the 4 door offering when available....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts