Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody notice that when the upper doors go on there is no driver door handle to grab to close the door? Or maybe mine is missing something.

·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody have the uppers?

·
Super Moderator
1,000 Posts
I was thinking about getting them, are they easy to take off if i wanted to? I would not want them on year round.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you actually have the upper doors (Windows) on? Mine are backordered and I ordered them the first day the General came out! Really need them due to the cold here in Indiana.

·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My opening uppers are not here yet but the poly ones are out. I was sitting in it warming it up and working the air out of the heating system( which by the way works awesome) and thinking about the next project when I got to looking at the door and wondered how I was going to close the door once the window was on. I went to the dealer here after work and even he was scratching his head. I contacted Polaris and passed this on. My dealer is going to bring in one like is on the passenger door. I'll have to take the passenger door apart and reverse duplicate the backing for the handle for the left door. I would like to be Polaris president for a day just so I could fire someone.

·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about getting them, are they easy to take off if i wanted to? I would not want them on year round.
Don't think they will be easy to take off and on.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I talked to a dealer in Wyoming that I drive by every week about them. He has 1 set of each style on order. He is going to call me when they get in so we can look them over and see how they work.

I want to see them first and so does he.

·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alaskan47, You got the orange General Lee model. You are suppose to crawl in thru the window. The instructions will tell you to bolt the door closed :grin2: :grin2:
Oh boy, my bad! What a lug nut. I should have read the instructions! I think I'll hot glue them shut so it looks factory like the dash. :wink2:

·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure, but I don't think its a lock and ride attachment.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well I don't need lock and ride but I definitely want to remove for the warmer months.
Exactly, what's the use of having half doors if they aren't quick off and on. Makes zero sense.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Alaskan47, I'm not exactly understanding what you mean you can't shut the door with the windows? Can you please explain. I'm a little concerned since I have a set coming. That is, if they ever show up from backordered!!!!

·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alaskan47, I'm not exactly understanding what you mean you can't shut the door with the windows? Can you please explain. I'm a little concerned since I have a set coming. That is, if they ever show up from backordered!!!!
Post #5 what I said was once the windows are in there is no handle to close the door. Typically you grab the top of the door to close it. From what I am seeing and reading and after talking with the dealer there is no handle on the left door for closing or opening. If someone had the poly uppers that are out already I was wondering if there is something supplied or built into the window etc,etc. All we have is the latch and a arm rest.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Super Moderator
1,000 Posts
Bummer!!! I did not want them on in the summer time but would during hunting season or just fall riding, I guess I will pass up the upper doors then

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm sure there will be some sort of recessed area in the upper part of the door/window assembly to grab. We would all like to hope PoPo is not that effed up:grin2:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Bummer!!! I did not want them on in the summer time but would during hunting season or just fall riding, I guess I will pass up the upper doors then
If it can be bolted on it can be bolted off! I wouldn't worry bout it if yer only gonna do it a few times a year:smile2: I'm in the same boat, here in California it nice and beautiful year round but we take trips to Colorado and Utah in the summer and it always rains on us so that why I ordered the doors. It'll be all good:grin2:

·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just got a call from my dealer(I'm the junkie) that there is supposed to be a drivers side door handle with an inner backing plate. Handle is on its way but backing plate is back ordered.
Any body missing a handle call your dealer.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts